Sunday, October 8, 2017

Merry Monday #259 {Christmas Trees}~Wishing You Cheer

In case you missed my SCS.. I posted it yesterday.  I was a bit early, or in blog land right on time.  
Today I made this card for the challenge at: 
I needed a little Christmas Spirit in my heart today.   You see I was trying to decorate for fall/Halloween, and I've just not been able to do things like this since surgery, and folks, I tried. But it didn't go well.  After putting up garland around the door frames.. I was done, my back went out and legs throbbing.  I  lost the ability to stand on my tip toes and the funny thing is I'm a very tall gal, so you wouldn't think I'd ever need too, but we have very high ceilings here/door frames.  So even I have too.
  Ok.. enough explaining my need for a Christmas card.  So onward.. I used a stampin up set from 2007 called Wishing you cheer.  I cut out the little tree as best I could today, and to give it a little bling I added a few drops of gold glitz dazzling details.  I did try to color in the bulbs at first but  it just seemed to over power the little tree, so hence the gold sparkle drops.  I especially like the layering on this card.  Helps to create a focal point with such small stamped images. 
Thank you so much for stopping by.
Hope you will take a look around my blog now that you're here.  Perhaps you will even click that blue button in the left hand column and follow me. That would be awesome.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping

3 comments:

  1. Popped over from my blog to check out the photo of your dog, since I still love springers so much! He / she is adorable! The springers I had were both black and white too.

    So sorry to hear about all your back pain and surgery. It's hard having something restrict our activities like that.

    Lovely Christmas card (my favourite type of card to make).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you placed the tree on one side and the sentiment on the opposite side! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~