Sunday, November 5, 2017

Challenge #266 Anything Goes & CCT21~Night In Bethlehem, Carols of Christmas and Born This Day


 Happy Sunday.  You know what that means for me?  It's time for my SCS 
(Scripture Card Sunday).  
 Today I took my inspiration from two different challenges and combined it with this lovely verse. 
  

I used my oval dies to create the focal point in the center.  I also used Carols of Christmas die for the stars and moon.  I layered the navy onto the  silver foil paper, hence the nice shine (reflection) Perhaps it's like the Glory of God bringing light into the dark world.  I used the Night In Bethlehem stamp set and framelits to  make the little town.  I had to do a bunch of trimming but I think it turned out lovely.  The sentiment is Born This Day from Sweet n Sassy.  There is a lot of layers going on in a very small space, yet it did come together wonderfully.  In fact Joseph and Mary are layered 3x to make sure they had great dimension.  I also layered the buildings to give them a shadow appearance.  I think the pearl on the star makes it complete.  
Thank you so much for stopping by.
I invite you to take a look around my blog, and leave a comment or two.  I enjoy reading what you have to say.  I'd love to have you sign up and follow my blog as well. 💛 
 Image result for happy Sunday
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping

4 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful card and you did such a great job with it! I love this stamp set and of course the verse! One of my favorite scenes since childhood. I remember when I played the Angel at my Sunday Schoo Pagent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely way to frame your image. The dark blue is very stylish and you've used the sketch perfectly.
    Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is stunning! I love what you have done with this week's sketch and that reflective silver has really made your card special! Thank you for playing along with Christmas Card Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~