Thursday, November 9, 2017

Sketch #237 Stitched Stockings and Lots of Joy

First, I just want to say a BIG warm welcome to my new blog follower 
 
Thank you for choosing to follow me.

I made this card for: Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge
It's a LOT of pattern paper for me, but I really struggled with those diagonal stripes on the side.  I intended to use washi tape and go with a candy cane.  Well folks it just didn't look nice at all.  Then I moved onto ornaments, nope wasn't happening.  Finally these cute  Stitched Stockings from stampin up did the trick.  Along with the sentiment from Lots of Joy.  
I did make one other card for this challenge and so I'll post that as soon as I'm finished here.  I tend to get stuck on a design especially if it gives me a bit of trouble.  SO my desk is a loaded mess of papers, punches and inks,  what a Blessing.  
Thanks for stopping by.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
Image result for thank you for following my blog

10 comments:

  1. What a cute idea to use the stockings! I love it - so bright and cheerful! Great job with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cascade of stockings is perfect for the challenge, and I like the red and white layers! Thanks so much for playing along at AHSC this week!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to use stockings in place of the flowers! Thanks for joining us again this week at Atlantic Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layering of your stripes and dot backgrounds and the stockings made a great border...adorable card. Thanks for sharing with us at AHSC this week.

    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on utilizing the sketch -it sure doesn't show that you struggled with it at all! Thanks for playing along once again with us at Atlantic Hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute use of the stockings, I love it! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. How super cute!!! Thank you so much for joining us at AHSC this week! Stockings really are under utilized in card making!
    Lisa F.
    DT member AHSC
    dontrunwiththescissors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Love those stockings! Thanks so much for playing along at Atlantic Hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. Thank you for playing along at AHSC. Hugs Agnieszka chanya13

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~