Friday, May 18, 2018

CTS #272 Make Lemonade Lawn Fawn






I made this card
                                    for the challenge at: CAS(E) this Sketch

I used my lawn fawn make lemonade set. 
I just love this darling little set but I must say this card was a lot of fussy work, because you see the glasses have a smiley face as you can see on the picture I took of the inside of the card. 
 SO that meant for the outside all those little glasses had to be taped just perfectly so the little smiles didn't appear.  I tried with the faces but it was a bit overwhelming and distracting.  SO I got busy cutting down a piece of tape to fit in that tiny glass, then inking, removing the tape, and then stamping, repeating that a 
few times  will drive a gal a bit crazy, not to mention inky fingers.  Thank goodness for baby wipes at the desk today.  After the stamping came the coloring, I used markers and water color pencils.  When it was all done I thought the finishing touch would be the glossy accents and boy did that just give this card what it needed.
  It actually looks like lemonade in the glasses and pitcher. I also took a side picture so you can see it's raised ever so slightly.
  Gosh that's amazing fun stuff to add to cards.  

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit. 
I tried a new layout on my blog with my cards in the center.  Do you like it better?  It seems like a bit of wasted space to me, but perhaps it's better.  I'd love to hear what you think.  Thanks.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping




3 comments:

  1. I love what you did with the cups - great take on the scketch! Yes, the glossy accents made the cups look like you are ready for a party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable take on the sketch--love the glossy lemonade glasses!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~