Wednesday, May 16, 2018

HSSSC289~ Swan Lake, Stampin UP

 Today I started off by decorating my journals.  My GOODNESS.. the month is half over and I have not even decorated them.  YIKES.  So I included a couple pictures.  The stampin up one is from my dear friend Nancy.  I love it.  That is my appointment/ to do list one, and the other one is my Llama Mama journal from my daughter .. I fell in love with that one because she loves Llamas.. and then she surprised me with it.  I keep my Bible study journal scriptures in there.  

Well the day is just not productive if I don't make a card.  So I chose a challenge to play along with: 
I wanted to use a stamp set that I've not played with for awhile, so I chose Swan Lake from stampin up.   I also used a single stamp for the lovely banner background.   I stamped it in gray and I just love how it turned out.  Now as you can see the sentiment banner had to go on the top because it just seemed to crowded in the pond, and above the swan was so empty so it worked great there.    Then I finished off the inside.
You can't really tell but I used my clear wink of stella to high- light the entire swan.  She really does shimmer and sparkle now.

This bird today just cracked me up.  Look at  the way she was standing.  Oh my gosh the balancing act.  There must be a yoga pose named after her.  So along with downward facing dog.. we now have the "On one leg balancing bird"  reminds me of the tree pose, but instead of bringing the opposite leg in you lift it out.  As you can see I just have a field day with these kinds of things.  I suppose it comes from spending so much time alone.
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping. 





5 comments:

  1. Patty I love your card - it made me take a deep breath and relax. It looks so peaceful with that swan and I was just wishing I was sitting by our local river watching the swans. A great take on our challenge - thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Love your bird too - I agree it should be a new yoga pose!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with your journals! Unfortunately, I haven't done mine this month yet - guess I will wait until June!! LOL! I love your swan card. They are so beautiful! When we were in Lancaster there were some in a pond by the motel and Jennifer and I would go out every morning to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! I have this one and especially loved using the sentiments. Thank you for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments and hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your swan is so lovely! The gray background is the perfect neutral to set off the colors in your main panel. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card. I love the swan and the soft colors you used. Thank you for joining us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~