Wednesday, May 23, 2018

RRCB87 School Set, Teachers, Stampin UP



 Today I came across this lovely sketch challenge at:

 Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.  I knew I wanted to play along.  I pulled out the set I had intended to use and then came across my 1996 stampin up set that includes this cute school house, a teachers desk, chalk board (I stamped on the inside of the card) apple, and so many other cute little images.  In fact for the sentiment on today's card I chose to use the A+ stamp from this set.    The apple I randomly stamped to create my own DSP😉And for some reason the horozonital strip of the sketch made me think of a ruler, which is exactly what I stamped using my 1993 school set from stampin up.   I had one last little pencil button and I put it to good use with this card, so I tied him on the ruler.   Now after coloring in the school house it just looked a bit plain,  oh my gosh.. I have to STOP right here and explain something.. the word "plain" had my mind traveling to the other day when it was raining I was visiting with my dad via the ole telephone, I told him it was raining where I live and he recited this cute little phrase he learned in typing class.  " the rain in Spain fall mainly on the plain" He just cracks me up😊  so now back to the "plain" school house, after laying it down it just didn't seem to pop like I had anticipated so I colored in some grass and sky.. and aww.. schools out for the summer.  I think it turned out cute. 


Now Here is another picture of HP sporting his new spring coat after the big shave down.  You can see my last post for the before and after pictures.. but I wanted to share here how he rests his chops on the window sills, in hopes to see that cute little baby bunny again munching on some dandelions.  If you notice I have stuck sticky tile on my window sills, it just helps with cleaning, since he insists on resting there.   Now the nose smudges on the windows.. I have no quick fix for them.    

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping.






6 comments:

  1. I love the way you use the sketch at RETRO RUBBER with this super cute image of the old school house, the pattern paper you created is a perfect background for it. The sentiment inside speaks volumes!!!!!
    Thank you for playing along with RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again soon.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I love the before and after picture of your doggie, he is going to be very comfortable for the hot months ahead.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card and not plain at all! Thank you for playing with us at Retro Rubber and hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun little card...I love the schoolhouse, but that sentiment on the inside really touched my heart....as did your pup, longingly looking outside!! LOL! Thanks for playing with our challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute teacher card, I bet whatever teacher you give it to, they will love it! Thanks so much for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you have used the sketch, the card is gorgeous I especially love the Apple background. Thanks for joining us again at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~