Thursday, July 26, 2018

PP402~Varied Vases Stampin UP




 Up first is a card I made to submit to the challenge at: 
Clean and simple while using the negative space.  Well folks this was a tricky one for me, because I really wanted to play with my new stampin up set, Varied Vases.  It has a matching punch, but I tried multiple times to punch it here and there and even thought about adding more layers to the card so I could perhaps punch out the vase (s) on a die cut oval, well I didn't want to stray away from the clean and simple.  So I punched them out and then traced it on to this white card stock and used my exacto knife to trim them out.  Then I layered the white card stock on top of the printed and there you have my negative space used.   I stamped the flowers and leaves and fussy cut those out too, and since I was into cutting i thought why not stamp the cute little scallop and use it as a shelf.  I debated whether or not to outline the vases with a white pearl paint, but I chose the less is more route this time.  
Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping

4 comments:

  1. What a perfect card for this challenge! You did a great job with all that punching and cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute PJ. You know, I've resisted Varied Vases for a long time but had a play with a friend's set last weekend which pushed it up my need-to-have list and your clever use of it is moving it even further up! Love what you've done here. Thank you for playing with us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PJ, this is such a happy card! I love all that pink! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pair of vases are pretty in pink PJ - bravo for persisting and hand-cutting those to achieve your negative space. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~