Thursday, August 30, 2018

Challenge #287 - Sketch~For All Things Stampin Up



 This is the second card I made today.   I will be submitting it to the challenge at:
This sketch is lovely, and yet I struggled with it.  I really should have taken a picture of my first try.  Many layers and colors, and it was all just a bit to much.  The sketch seems to shout clean simple lines, so I scratched the first card and proceeded with this card.  I used my newly ordered retired stampin up set called For All Things.  The stamps have that watercolor look, but to get the leaves to look more realistic, I creased the paper and then sponged over the top to make it look like the veins in a leaf.  I really like how it looks.  There was bit of fussy cutting but not to worry I had my cheater glasses on.  I must mention how super proud I am of the sentiment lining up perfectly in the banner.  WHOOHOO.  What a way to make a girl's day.

I'm adding a picture of HP.. showcasing my not so good picture taking qualities.  He's still so cute, and actually a bit worried looking, poor dear pupper's probably thought, "good grief don't drop the camera."  haha.  

Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
PJ 


2 comments:

  1. Clever move on your part to add the veining to the leaves - it honestly does make them look more realistic! I'm a little curious to know what your first card looked like because you did an excellent job keeping this one clean and simple in style. Thanks for sharing it at CC&S! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! I like how you did the veining in the leaves - I gotta remember to try that...so clever! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~