Saturday, August 4, 2018

#HSSSC295~Waterfront, Lilypad Lake, High Tide, Stampin Up, You Got this Simon Says

 I got so wrapped up in making my a card today, I almost forgot to let HP out for a bathroom break.  We have to stay on a much tighter schedule being it's allergy season, and he just started his prednisone  this week, and will continue for the the next couple months.  Bless his heart, ever the patient pup.   (7 year old pup) haha..    Probably a bit TMI about the dog.. but I have to say I get so swept up in card making, hence it's a great distraction for me from pain, and being alone all the time.  
I will submit my card to the challenge at: 
I used 3 of my favorite stampin up sets: 
Waterfront 
Lilypad Lake
High Tide
And also my new favorite sentiment pack from Simon Says: You got this.
I sponged the background in three colors, and then die cut out the water.  Of course the seam of the water is hidden nicely behind the bird and lilypad.   I debated quite a long time about adding the sun and the background birds, I ended up adding those first, but then the left hand side looked a bit to bare.  UGH.. it never ends with me.   Someday I'll get the less is more approach.   
Any ways I think overall not to shabby of a card.  

I also posted a picture of the silly little rocks I have painted to hide around town with hubby later this afternoon.  It's a "thing" this rock hiding craze, and I'm LOVING it.    I just need to find some more nice rocks to paint.

Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping



6 comments:

  1. I think your card is lovely and I think the sun image adds so much to your water scene. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card and I love the scene you built. Thanks for playing along with the Hand Stamped Sentiments team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful creation and a nice combination of three amazing stamp sets! The yellow and pink sunset sky coordinates so well with the colors you chose for the crane and lily pad. This really is a wonderfully serene card! Someone is really gonna oooh and ah when recieving this one! Thanks for sharing your talent and card with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your take on our sketch - and that sentiment is so true - I like seeing the inside of cards too - very pretty. I love that idea of the rock hiding - wonder if I could start that up in my village here in England.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty scene! Great coloring!!! My favorite is the sky - really pretty! Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PJ, I love coming to see your creations and this one is no exception! I love the same SU stamp sets, too! Anything to do with nature, especially nautical, are the best! Your card is lovely. AND so are the cute rocks. What a nice craze to give encouragement to random strangers. Thank you for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~