Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Sketch #275 Vintage Vogue Stampin up



 My goodness this was quite an ordeal trying to make this card.   I included a picture of what I started with.   It is the third one down.   So you can see the madness in my card making. haha.   I was hoping to go for a sunshine, sunbeam sort of card, and even had a lovely die to work with that had the word, "sunshine"  but I just couldn't make it look nice.  I worked and worked on it, right up until my doctor's appointment.  Then when I came home and looked at it again, I scratched the idea completely.. and hence it went in the basket of re-do cards.  I enclosed a picture of that too.😉 Does anyone else have one of those baskets?  you know the re-  do cards, or the 1/2 started it but didn't finish it kind of projects?   
Any ways finally I feel happy with the finished product and will submit it to the challenge at: 
I used an older stampin up set called, Vintage Vogue.  I love the scroll floral image, it seemed to suit the background paper wonderfully.   After stamping the flowers and leaves I fussy cut them out to make sure they were placed in just the right spot.  The sentiment was also from the set mentioned, and I really like how narrow it is, and fits nicely between the stamped floral edging.   I added some gold ribbon to give definition to the triangles, and also goes along with the gold embellishments on each of the flowers.  

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping.

*Note:  If you are a praying person, I humbly ask that you would pray for me, as my doctor said I will need to have gallbladder surgery on the 20th of this month.   I'm very nervous about surgery again, especially after my back surgery, so I would appreciate prayers of courage, peace, healing, and strength.  Also for guidance in the surgeons hands.    
💛Thank you💛



9 comments:

  1. I really like both cards - especially the sentiment! You are definitely in my thoughts and prayer always! Take Care!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so pretty! Love the black and white damask with the bright yellow. I know your redo card will be lovely someday. I keep mine in a pretty glass bowl, and I think that ideas simmer in the back of the mind when things like that are kept near. I usually like the ways the bits and pieces and do-overs come out! Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member
    https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of your first card - perhaps more tone on tone papers? Great "rescued" card. The black, white and yellow are perfect together. Thanks for joining us at The Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, I love yellow and black together, it is such a great colour combo in my opion. Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card! thank you for joining us as always at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be praying for your surgery! Such a neat look at your process! I think the third card will shine eventually! Love the contrast on you card!Thanks for playing along at AHSC!
    Linda
    AHSC design team
    Www.scrappytherapy.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card, PJ! The damask patterns, floral scroll stamp, and gold ribbon and embellishments make for a very classic and elegant look, and the contrast between the black/white and sunny yellow give it a very upbeat and contemporary feel. Not an easy combo to pull off but this one has all those things going for it. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will also be praying for a full and speedy recovery from your upcoming surgery. Take it easy during your recuperation and don't be afraid to ask others for help. I hope you will keep us posted and that you will be feeling crafty again in no time, because we both know being creative has healing powers of its own. 🕊

      Delete
  8. I love how you showed where you started and where you finished. Your card is so pretty!! The gold ribbon is a great addition. Thanks for joining us at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~