Sunday, August 12, 2018

Sketch 276~Bokeh Dots, Bloomin' Love, Garden in Bloom, Best Birds, Stampin up, Simon Says You got this.







 My goodness it is late to be posting, but I really made quite the effort to make a card so I could submit it to the challenge at: 
Such a fabulous layout, and yet I struggled.  All because I was determined to use my new stampin up set called: Bokeh Dots.   
I love making the bokeh design with a homemade stencil, so I thought this stamp would be a delight.  Well, my goodness the frustration was setting in.  I just couldn't make it look nice no matter what ink color I chose, whether it was a juicy ink pad or a well loved one.  I just couldn't get a nice image. 
So I resorted to looking on Youtube for tips or something, not much in that department, but there were a few lovely cards I'd like to try in the future.  Any ways.. My first attempt was to make a floral scene for the oval, so I used one of my favorites  called Garden in Bloom.   Well after stamping and cutting and actually using a few other sets it was NOT at all what I was hoping for.  In fact the inside of the card is prettier then the outside.. UGH!!!  So I took a little break had a little bridge mix, and then back to stamping, and this time I used Best Birds from Stampin up, for the card I will submit to the challenge,   and by golly it all just came together wonderfully.   I used the branches for the horizontal line in the back, and I was able to finally get a bokeh design I liked.. and the bird took up just enough space on the oval, but didn't overpower it.  YAY❕  Finally a perfect example where less is more and I actually did it.  😊

I also thought I'd share a picture of my madness trying to get this image to stamp.↓
Btw-Both cards have scripture on them for my SCS post.  Whoohoo. 

Thank you for stopping by for a visit. 
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~