Friday, August 3, 2018

SSC184 SKETCH FUN~Hawaii


 I bought a new stamp.  Well a gently used wooden stamp.  I thought it had such a cute image, and quite honestly I don't know why I purchased it.  *sigh.  other then it just kind of looked a bit retro to me.  This might be one that goes in my Etsy Store   

Any ways when I saw the delightful sketch at: Sunday Stamps it was like it was made for a scrapbook page for the couple vacationing in Hawaii. 
 
I love sketch designs.  They really help me think outside the card space box.     
I chose some rather bold and loud printed paper for the background, and then began the layering process.  After stamping the image I colored it in, and then also cut out a little flower from that background paper to add to the lower left hand corner of the beach scene.   I also used my stamp and write black marker to make the "Aloha"  very bold.

In this lovely pack of paper from Michael's it has little tags with encouraging words, so that is what I used for the inside sentiment.  
I added a bit of wink of stella clear to all the flowers so they would sparkle. 

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit.  
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping



3 comments:

  1. Well, I have Maui on the brain myself, so I can totally understand the siren call of this stamp, lol. Love your coloring - and perfect for our sketch! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW! Aloha! I wish! This is such a fun stamp! Your coloring is perfect and the tropical feel makes me long for the beach! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look like a retro Hawaii postcard image. How fun! Beautiful tropical colors.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~