Sunday, September 2, 2018

September Technique Challenge~Blossoming Basket, Grateful Bunch, Stampin Up


 Today is SCS on my blog, where I like to include a scripture verse or faith filled sentiment.  So for today my sentiment of scripture is on the inside of this card.   
I was inspired to make this fun fold card so I could submit it to the challenge at:

I first heard of this fold from The Cow Whisperer's Creative Cards.  I'm not sure exactly of the name of it, but It looked easy enough to do and also a lovely way to use a standard size piece of card stock.   Which really made my day.  I went a bit out of my comfort zone again by using a floral background.  I'm not to good with the floral patterned papers.  It always seems a bit busy to me.   However, I stuck with it.  There was a bit of fussy cutting in this project today, and coloring, which was ok since Hubby had to work it kept me busy crafting.  I was also able to paint up a few more rocks.  I'll post a picture of those too.   I tried to add a few pictures  of the cards so you could see exactly how it opens and closes, and then thought why not try and take a video with my camera, so I'll add that on this post too.  
The stamps featured in today's card are:
Stampin Up: Grateful Bunch
Stampin Up: Blossoming Basket
and the inside sentiment is purchase from a local store.

I really do like fancy folds, however I'm always concerned that the receiver might not know how to open them, or display them such as the case with the easel card.  I just assume everyone knows about cards, but that's not always true.  So I don't make them so often, although I and my kiddos love them.  





So here are the rocks I painted and glazed this afternoon, just in case you're wondering I didn't paint the bit Wisconsin one.  It's actually a copy of the magnet I have in the house, so I thought it would work lovely on that big stone.  Sometimes I put stickers on them, how painting is more fun.  



And lastly here is my quick little video of the card.  

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit.  
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
PJ







4 comments:

  1. very fun card for the September fun fold challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty - clever card! I've seen this fold before, but never with a rectangle "holding" embellishment like your flower basket. I like your version much better than the blossom holder! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday, as well as your great tutorial! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so clever! I totally have to try this, truly a FUN fold, lol. Your images and papers are lovely! And the extra images really show exactly how to achieve this! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the fold on this card - that's one I haven't seen before - I like the way it sits up under that little bit at the top. Thanks for playing with us at TSOT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~