Thursday, March 3, 2016

EASTER EGGS FOR: SSC121 & #rrcb33

Welcome and thank you for stopping by my blog.
I didn't post a card yesterday, I was busy organizing my blog.  Can you believe it took me all day.  *sigh.   Well, I'm no smarty here, and everything I know about the computer is self taught, so it's struggle and error.. and more errors that I care to mention, but I did finally get my blog title centered, and made a few little links in that bar underneath.  I owe a huge thank you to my dear daughter who came up with the name for my cards that have won badges ♥  

Today I will enter my card in a sketch challenge at:Retro Rubber Challenge Blog and the color challenge at: Sunday Stamps Blog
I used a two step stamp set from stampin' up.  I'm not sure how old it is.  I purchased it from a consignment shop in town.   I used a die for the grass.. and after I glued down the eggs I pressed it together with an embossing folder.  I think it gave it a nice look.   The sentiment layering reminds me of an Easter Candy wrapper. 


Here is one more Easter card I made.  I came across a similar project on pinterest, and thought I've gotta try something like that.  so there you have my take on the Easter flower wreath card.  If that's what ya want to call it 
Hope you like them.


 Apparently my squirrels are still sleeping so it's bird pictures today.  I think this little fella has bird seed stuck to his beak. 



I think these two were posing for me, they both turned at the exact same time so I could snap a picture. 

Please stop back again soon.

I would ♥ to have you follow my blog.
☺Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping☺

*I googled the stampin up stamp set year and I believe it is 2000

RRCB 33 

28 comments:

  1. I love your Easter eggs and the flower wreath is so pretty. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello PJ: I love your row of colorful Easter Eggs, love the designs on each and the pretty embossing too, they look so beautiful sitting on that grass.
    I'm so glad you joined us at the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog, love to see your beautiful card on the gallery, hope you join us again next time.
    Big Hugs,

    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how kind of you Maria to encourage me to play along. I sure do appreciate that and your kind words about my card ☺

      Delete
  3. These are great! I love the floral card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so cute with the little eggs! Hard to believe that Easter is coming soon. I guess I had better get started with my Easter cards a well! You are well ahead of me! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are so sweet, but really I only made 2 Easter cards so far. I think I better get going with more, because before you know it Easter will be here. Thanks so much for stopping by ☺

      Delete
  5. Beautiful egg card & love the floral wreath! Congrats on accomplishing your Blog organizing! I tried many, many times to do the links at the top & even an "expert" couldn't get it to work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greta~Thank you for the kind words on the cards and my blog..it's overwhelming at times trying to figure my blog out myself, but I ask google and sometimes it helps and sometimes it don't.. ☺

      Delete
  6. Such a sweet Easter card! Love how you have your Easter eggs sitting in grass, ready to be found! The colors are wonderful and the texture is a great touch. I have to mention your cute bird photos! I love watching my feeder being utilized more and more as the weather starts to slowly improve. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber and hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank you Debbie for the lovely comments on my cards and bird photos, and also for encouraging me to play along ☺

      Delete
  7. What a great use for the sketch, I may just need to CAS this for an Easter card myself. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh that is swell you want to CAS one of my little Easter cards. .Please do so, what a lovely thing to say. Thank you ☺

      Delete
  8. I just love all those pretty Easter eggs ready to be gathered at the egg hunt! SO fun and creative! Thank you for joining us at Sunday Stamps! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claire, thank you for the nice words and for stopping by.. you totally got where I was going with the egg hunt ☺

      Delete
  9. PJ, I adore your Easter eggs all dolled up and ready for being discovered during the hunt! Love the soft colors and texture. Thanks for including Retro Rubber in your stamping fun this week. Love seeing you in our gallery!! (And I am right with you regarding the computer stuff... sigh...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katy~oh goodness thank you for all the kind compliments on my cards and encouragement to play along with the challenge, also glad to know I'm not alone with computer stuff. ☺

      Delete
  10. Your Easter eggs are beautiful! As are your nature pictures too! I love my birds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Easter eggs! Love the colors and how you have them sitting in the grass. By the way, your blog looks perfect. Thanks for stopping over at Retro Rubber and sharing your card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such pretty Easter eggs, love the added touch of grass. Blog looks like you did a good job, so worth the day spent on it. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you embossed your card layer after assembling the row of Easter Eggs. Very nicely done! Thanks so much for joining in on the fun at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute card! I love the detail with an especially smart move to have the embossing show up on the eggs too! Love it! Thanks for playing long with Retro Rubber! I am happy to see you back with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane for stopping by with a lovely comment

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~