Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Embossed Blossoms

Goodness, it's been raining off and on all day steady.  Makes me very thankful for our little warm home.  And I thought this would be the perfect card to showcase on such a day.  I made it a couple days ago, but just didn't get a chance blog about it.  It really came together quickly and I like how the two colors contrast.   I sponged the embossed paper and then just used the stampin up Mixed Bunch to stamp the flower image, I then layered it and put an embellishment in the center, and added some yellow twine.

We celebrated my Son's 23rd birthday, and I made homemade egg rolls for him for the first time ever.  They actually turned out really yummy, huge happy surprise.   
The card I made for my son you can see here at: Xavier's Birthday Card  I totally had him in mind while making it.  He has loved trains since he was a toddler, and I'm sure the fact we have lived next to tracks his whole life has a lot to do with it.  Now we live next to a very active train yard. 
 I also made these whopper bars for him.  Which were a hit with the kiddos since they were young, so it was nice to bring out that recipe again for them.  

Overall just a busy week. 
 Hope you are all doing well. 
Thank you for stopping by.
☺Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping☺

4 comments:

  1. Hi PJ Here I am catching up as I went out for a day yesterday - would you believe- on a steam train trip.

    Your card is really pretty and I love the colours. That's one of my favourite colour combinations. It sounds as if you had a lovely celebration for your son's 23rd Birthday. Belated birthday wishes to the Birthday Boy. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness Barb, I'm sure my son would have loved that. A steam engine WOW.. don't hear of those much anymore. Thank you for kind words on the card. I will make sure to pass on Birthday wishes to him ☺

      Delete
  2. What a pretty background you created! I love that stamp. Hope your son has a great day! Those egg rolls look yummy! It seems like kids also want what they had as a kid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy, Yes I agree the kids sure do like what they grew up with. It's sweet. I can honestly say I did't have that growing up.. my mom didn't cook/bake, but not to worry my Grandma did.. (perhaps it skips a generation in our family) I enjoy cooking/baking.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~