Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Card #39 for 2024

Hello Crafting friends. 
My husband encouraged me to keep trying to stamp.
I really didn't want to..(note the picture at the bottom)
Nothing was going right, and my raynauds kicked in too. 
I am hoping my creativity comes back.  My dog 
has left my heart so broken that my sweet husband
even has been helping me with house chores. 
Let's talk about the card.  This was a tough sketch, at
Notice the card 
on the bottom of this post?   The 
one with the bright springy/summer/sherbet colors, 
well it was too busy for me, so I switched things up a bit. 
 I chose to use two colors and make it patriotic. 
The stamp sets I used were:
Stampin up:  Dandelion Wishes (for the fireworks)
Watercolor Shape(for the background strips)
Repeat Impression( flag/sentiment.  It's one stamp
but I cut it apart so just the sentiment was on the
front of the card, and the flag is on the inside)
The two colors I chose went a long way because
I stamped them off 3x.  So it gave it the look of multiple 
colors.  When I finished I thought it looked sloppy,
but then again looks like a basket weave so I let it go.
I cut the sentiment from the flag and cut out the dandelions
and glued everything down.  I popped up the sentiment
to give it some height, and added 3 silver star brads for some
sparkle and shine.  

Below is the original card in the background underneath my hand. Had
to wait for my hands to regain feeling and then back at it.
I'm glad I tried again and that my husband encouraged me to do so. 
The verse I chose for this card is:
Galatians 5:1KJV 
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ 
hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
šŸ•®
 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping

šŸ’—PJ 




 

7 comments:

  1. Lots of stamping to achieve that beautiful woven effect! Looks fantastic, PJ, and I think the bright colors of your first one look great as well. Thank you so much for sharing at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I can't believe you stamped all those stripes!! They are perfect! Your card is beautiful--glad your husband convinced you to keep stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed that you created that background the way you did! A labor of love and very well worth it! I just love anything patriotic! Thanks for playing with the Atlantic Hearts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning card ~ love how you achieved the design my stamping!!! Brilliant ~ and I also LOVE the Bible verse on your post ! thank you for shairng
    Thank you for joining us at AH ~ Please do come again!!
    Denise Willerton.
    DT member AHSC
    chezmoicreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing work! I love that you used only two colors, just at different "intensities" to make it appear that you used six colors. So clever of you to use dandelions for fireworks - super clever. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am so sorry that your having a rough time with the crafty energy, it can be so hard sometimes, I know, I am digging my way out of a crafty slump, scrapping is my calming force, my relaxation, my creative outlet so when I am blocked and just have no scrappy energy I feel it, so I can very much relate. Though you struggled, I love your card, it came out great, obviously love the colours and it is perfect. Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the finished card that you shared. (And I personally also love the spring colored panel you made, too.... maybe we will see it later in another card.) I think the woven background really helps your patriotic card pop, and kind of reminds me of a picnic basket. Thank you for joining us this week at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Anna, AHSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~