Thursday, December 14, 2017

Sketch #242 Add a Little Glitz

This card has a short story:   I wanted to use washi tape on a card today, so I found this challenge about "sparkle"  and wanted to play along so I started with that lovely silver shiny wahi tape, well after reading the rules to that blog challenge I realized I had went overboard with embellishments, but I didn't want to waste my washi tape so I looked for another challenge to play along with:
  
It was perfect!!  And the washi tape looks like nice foil wrapping paper for the gift I stamped.   I colored it in and then cut it out.  and of course pasted it down without a layer so I had to rip it back up carefully to add a layer or two.. then re paste.   I love how real the bow looks.  My Grandma would too.  In fact this year I got her a little magnet bow for Christmas. She always saved the ribbon bow. Since we were kids every gift we always  received we knew to give the bows back to grandma.
The one I bought for her is red. I hope she will like it, and that it sticks to her fridge.  They are for the top of candles.  So I might have to add some extra magnets to it.


 I'm also adding another picture of my squirrel friends.   This one is busy feasting on corn with a flurry of snow swirling around him.

Thank you so much for stopping by.  
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping.
Image result for Tis the season images

8 comments:

  1. Just love Grandmas who keep the bows! Mine always had her eye on the boxes, too. Love your card...the gift is a perfect central image for this sketch, and the little bow makes it extra special. Thanks for joining the fun at AHSC.
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your glitzy card! Thank you for joining AHSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't like keeping the bows! What a great challenge and your card is just perfect for it. I'm sure your Grandma is going to love the bow magnet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love happy accidents!! I love your glitzy card. Great way to use some washi tape too. Thanks for playing with us at AHSC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so cute! Love the sparkly washi tape and that present! Thanks so much for playing along with us at AHSC! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this! Perfect and love that foil washi! Thanks so much for playing along at Atlantic Hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, I love the present, super cute. Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, PJ! I had no idea washi tape could be so shiny, I thought you had used foil papers, but I love how it looks. I also love the wrapped present image you chose, and how detailed the bow is. Cute story too, I like reading peoples' stories and write ups and getting a peak into their creative process and special memories. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~