Friday, May 11, 2018

SSC178 GETTING SKETCHY Crafting Forever, Stampin UP


 It is cold and dreary here today in WI.  I had to turn the heat back on in the house.  They say snow might be coming.  UGH!   So I just once again as usual retreat to my  porch to stamp.  This time I pulled out my crafting forever stampin up set.  Are there ever any stamps you just know you want to have when you see them?  For me this is one of those sets.  It was the same with the Beautiful you set.  Just one glance and I knew I'd be saving my pennies for it.   And Now saving for the new catalog when it comes out.   Well enough rambling.. onto today's card.  I made it for the challenge at: Sunday Stamps
I layered my card on a piece of watercolor paper that I used navy ink to smudge on (technical term there)   Then I stamped my images and colored them in.  I chose yellow for my scissors to match my cutter bee scissors  that I use  everyday.. I love them.  Even though they are brightly colored I can still misplace them on the desk.  I even have a little charm attached to the handle.   I was going to have the scissors facing down completely like they were cutting the ribbon but it just didn't look as nice, so they are at an angle.   Now for that ribbon I learned a new way to tie them and it is fabulous.  I will share the link here.  It's so great.  Thank you Frenchistampsđź’›
Now onto the sentiment that I stamped,  I taped  part of it so I would be able to fit it in the horizontal strip and save the rest for the inside of the card.  It worked pretty nicely.  
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping. 

3 comments:

  1. I love this set so much, and you have colored up the images I myself love to use the most, lol - so fun! Your "smudged" background is just right, too! I love how you split up the sentiment - I'm totally doing that next time! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you set this card up - love the background you created. Love the scissors! Snow - UGH!! It was beautiful here until it started raining today. Cold and damp! Will be cooking inside tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely idea with crafting stuff
    I love the idea with the scissors on your card
    I choose sewing theme if you like to visit my DT card I am so honour
    great color combo too
    Many thanks for playing with us at Sunday Stamps this time
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~