Wednesday, May 9, 2018

SIP Challenge 149 – Dads & Grads, Happy Graduation, Stampin UP Lawn Fawn, Magic Color Slider Card


 I made this card for our son-in-law who will graduate from college in 2 weeks.  Honestly it will be a toss up between this card and the one I plan on making tomorrow.  I want my daughter's opinion on which she thinks he will like best. He always likes fancy fold cards and such, so this is my first time doing a magic color slider card.  I think it's impressive, but it might be to "childish"  we will see.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out even though it has a bit of a stick when I slide it, you will be able to see in the video I shared.    The background "happy graduation"  sentiment is from stampin up, but the owl and inside sentiment are just those random buys from the dollar bins at Michael's, at least that's what I remember.  The pull here tab and stamp are a lawn fawn item.  I tied a bit of twine on it to help pull it.  I wish I would of used heavier card stock in making this, but it was a trial run, so  I didn't think it would turn out.  But it did and I think it's rather cute, so I went back and tried to layer the slider part with a piece of heavier card stock, it's not neat but it did help. 
I'm also going to share a picture of Ma  & Pa duck who have taken over HP's pool. I don't think pupper's is very happy with that.😉












  I'm going to submit my card to the challenge at: Stamp Ink Paper
This is my first time playing along with this challenge blog.  SO it's most exciting.  It was a toss up for me to go with a Father's day or Graduation card.  But I picked the latter since that will be here first.  To bad we can't enter twice. 
Well as promised here is my very awful video, but at least you get the idea of the card. 
Thank you for stopping by my blog.   Please check out my other cards, projects and pictures. I'd love to have you sign up and follow my blog.  
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute card. I'm sure your son-in-law will like it. Slider cards are not that easy to make. You did a great job with it! I'm sure HP misses his pool! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this style of card and your cute graduation Owl. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~