Saturday, May 12, 2018

TMR#85, Jim Holtz Old Car, Lawn Fawn Happy Birthday, Number Of Years Stampin up

Image may contain: car and outdoor I made this card for my dad.   His birthday is not until June 14th (Flag Day) but when I came across the challenge at: The Male Room  

It was a perfect match.  My dad LOVES cars.  In fact  he has passed that love down to his kids.  I  will share a picture of one of his old cars.  He drove this one  up to our house a few years ago.  This is a 53 chevy bel-air and the very car that I learned to drive 3 on the tree with.  A very fond memory. 

Now onto the card I made for him.   
 For the car I used a Jim Holtz stamp.  I stamped it multiple times in gray so as to make a background paper.  I then just did some layering and fussy cutting to make the one car pop up a bit more.  
I used the Happy Birthday sentiment from lawn fawn.   The inside of the card is a stampin up set called Number of years.  I die cut out the numbers and stamped the sentiment.  I think it turned out pretty nifty.  By the way I did try the car in more of a tan/light brown color to match dad's car, but it just didn't look as nice.  So I stuck with gray.  
Thank you you so much for stopping by for a visit.  
I hope you will take a look around at my other cards, projects and pictures.  I'd love to have you sign up and follow my blog or fb page.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping




8 comments:

  1. I do like the way you've made your own backing paper with the car and the focal image on the tag! It's clean, crisp and I'm sure your dad will love it. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card for your Dad - I'm sure he will love it! Love his car!! Joe had a 56 Chevy Belair Convertible and I had a 59 Chevy Impala Convertible. They don't make cars like they use to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your card for your Dad. Perfect!
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great car in your pic and this is such a great card for your Dad. I love the perspective you achieved. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Male Room.
    Linby x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card with great memories attached, love the story. Your Dad is going to be chuffed to bits with it. Thank you so much for joining us in our Cars challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Faith The Male Room DT
    Daffodil Cards {My Blog}

    The Male Room
    themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic card with cars you made :-))
    Thanks for joining us at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great birthday card for your Dad. He will love it when he gets it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous birthday card for your dad. The background paper you made looks great. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~