Tuesday, January 17, 2017

#rrcb54~Guest Designer~Snowy View From my Window

 Oh my goodness

  The time has finally come, and I can show you the card I made as the guest designer at: Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.  I am absolutely so grateful for this awesome opportunity to be able to share my card with you all.  I went to work(play) right away trying to come up with a card that would fit the challenge, and as you can imagine it was a lot of fun.


I used the window die to give the appearance of looking out into the winter wonderland of SNW with and avalanche of snow hanging off the roof line, which is quite common here in WI.  Sometimes the drifts off the roof can meet those SNW banks on the ground. I also added a cup of hot cocoa to warm things up while glancing at the cute SNW-man.  Did you notice a few of the flakes were plastered to the window pane?  I imagine that is so, because like our old house, there is poor insulation.. hence they stay put.  haha.. any ways I thought I should also capture a picture with the card on my actually window sill. So very clever.    As you can see there is  some SNW in the background, but just wait until later this week when I share a few more  SNW cards, and pictures of the yard. 
 We got a lot more of that fluffy wet white stuff.
  On this card I used a snowflake embossing folder for the background, and the window die.  The stamp sets are from stampin up and include: Snow Angels 1999 for the cup of cocoa.  so sad because I don't have the whole set, just that little mug, 1997 Let it snow for the sentiment.  1998 Woosh Snowman set for the snowflakes and Best of SNW 2014.  
I hope you like my card and that you will play along with the amazing team at Retro Rubber, it's truly a delightful blog, with amazing challenges.. and seriously don't we all have some older stamps that need a little love, now is the perfect time to bring them out, and let them shine.  Please won't you join us in the Challenge.  
Thank you so much for visiting my blog.  Make sure to stop back this week because I will feature 5 more days of snow cards for inspiration.  I look forward to seeing what YOU come up with.

By the way did you notice the reoccurring theme throughout my post?  besides the poor grammar.. (haha)   it would be the word SNW

😊Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping😊



9 comments:

  1. Hello PJ, and thank you for being our Guest Designer at RETRO RUBBER.
    Your card is just delightful as it is beautiful, I love the window looking out at this whimsical Winter Scene.
    The falling snowflakes are such a fab detail, and I love the sweet little cup of hot cocoa sitting on the window sill.
    Thank you for sharing this beautiful card with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you join us again next time.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your snow scene, PJ, and particularly the view of your own snow!! Yes, I would need that cup of cocoa while enjoying the snow! You have a great collection of vintage stamps. Thanks so much for being our guest designer this challenge... your enthusiasm is contagious! Now to pin your sweet card.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi PJ, welcome as guest designer at RRCB! I love your cards and your style. I am totally in love with this card, love the snowman peeking in the window with the snow back drop. I definitely going to have to CAS this card! Thank you again for joining us, I look forward to seeing more creative projects from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, PJ! I am so happy that you joined us for the first challenge of 2017! Your Let It Snow card is just wonderful! Your choice of stamps is perfect and the cup of cocoa is OTT fantastic!! Living in Michigan, I am quite familiar with the scene that you created and will be pinning this great winter card! Thank you for joining our design team for this challenge and hope you will play along with us soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job PJ, love the window concept and the flurry of snowflakes! We have snow and ice dams hanging off our roof, and way to much snow this year in Central Oregon, in fact a more than we've had in 30 years! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber as GD, what a wonderful card you created!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PJ, I love your card! Right now I'm sweltering and wondering how I'm going to get through the heat that's predicted for today but looking at your cosy scene, I felt the urge to snuggle up with a blanket and a book! It tugs all the strings of warmth, cosiness, love and family! Using the window to frame the scene and put the viewer in a different place was genius!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi PJ! Thank you so much for being our guest designer! We are so happy to showcase you and your talent! I just checked out your other card and I have to say - I think I love that one a smidge more! Mostly because it depicted your wintery scene so perfectly! But I do love snowmen and I love the scene you created and love that attention to detail with the snow stuck to the window! That is what the windows in my house look like! Lovely wintery colors and a beautiful layout really do this card justice! Thank you again for being our guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG PJ your card is amazing, so wonderful, I love the scene and all your little details. I especially love that you photographed it with a real snowy backdrop LOL. Thanks for being our GD this time at Retro Rubber, looking forward to seeing you in the gallery again soon. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card so much! So glad you joined us at RRCB! ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~