Thursday, May 11, 2023

Happy Birthday Card

I made this card for the challenge at:
The stamp set featured in this card is:
Stampin Up:  Birthday Wit
I thought it would be fun to have the words play
the major roll on the banners.  So that is what I did. 
I carried the ribbon through on the inside too, however,
I didn't get it to lay flat, and by the time I tried to fix 
the ribbon, it had already glued tight.
It was a wonderful way to use up some DSP scraps. 
I've been in a bright sunshine mode every since 
I learned how to make this cute little daisy crate.  
I do believe I will add some die cut grass to the bottom
of it.  I think it will make it look a tad more finished. 
This lovely cardinal was sitting outside my kitchen
window singing as I prepared lunch today. 

I have to tell you all a quick little story.
Last night I was video chatting with my daughter around
11:30pm, when I noticed a shadow on the crown molding.
Well, I just thought perhaps because I am tired and my 
eyes are weak that it was nothing, well the shadow starting
moving, and gosh anyways it was a centipede.  Now I loathe
these things, anyways I new I'd have to arm myself with a 
flyswatter and my husband's huge shoe.  SO as I watched him 
round the dining room crown molding he was coming in 
hot at record speed towards my side of the table, well
I told my daughter I'm ready should he ever make it down 
the wall so I can smash him to smithereens.   Well as 
luck of the draw would have it, the darn thing tested his 
ability to go over the round part of the molding and before I 
even knew what was happening, geronimo he plummeted down
smack dab onto my new snake plant, well at this point I was screaming
and raising quite a ruckus.  HP my faith buddy come out to examine
the situation, and then proceeded under the table for a nap.  Well,
my darling daughter stuck with me online the whole time.  My 
husband gets home from work, and looks for a few minutes as 
well, and said no worries, he's gone.  I am like yeah until he shows up again.
Sigh.  The joy of living in an old house.  Daily battles with trying to claim 
our home from these creatures.  Every day it's a mouse thing or some 
other insect/spider thing.   Any ways we have most of our pantry items 
in plastic bins, and traps all over the place for the rodents but these 
centipedes are no fun.  So today I was in the bathroom washing up
after being outside a few minutes in the garden and I was shocked
there he was crawling up the bathroom wall.  Didn't he think he 
was special scaling walls, well my sweetheart came to the rescue
immediately and I'm happy to report one down.  I don't feel a bit blue
about it, and perhaps might even sleep better knowing it.  However,
I can't let myself think there could be a family of them.  
I am not prepared for that. YIKES.  haha
Furthermore, I'd like to know why he couldn't stay on the wall 
with all those legs?  Creepy things. Ugh.  

That's all folks, thanks for reading my silly story. 

Psalm 104:12KJV
By them shall the fowls of the heaven have their habitation,
which sing among the branches. 

🕮
I'd love to have you follow me on instagram at: 

 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ


 

4 comments:

  1. Super cute Birthday card! I love all the sentiments! Thanks for playing along with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a bright and happy card! The words look great as part of the banners - very clever. Thank you so much for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. (My garden has come alive with bugs and I prepare to do battle to defend the inside of the house each day :-) !!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to use the sentiments as the banner. Great card design. Thanks for playing with us at AHSC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love the words on the banners, so original...I love it! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~