Friday, January 27, 2017

HSS Sketch Challenge #256~Valentine



Well oh my goodness, here I am again, 3 posts in one day.  Guess you might say I'm in crafty card mode, or otherwise know as a bit of pain, so stamping is a great way to take my mind off that, or at least try to, plus it's always fun to show others what I'm working on.  So I'm going to put this card in the challenge at: Hand Stamped Sentiments
 
  The bottom half of my card I used washi tape for the 3 stripes, however my little trick for that is that I put the tape on white cardstock and then glue it to my card, because it seems that the white on the washi tape picks up whatever color is behind it, and I thought this just gave it a crisp look.  I also thought taking the picture with the flash gave it a whole different appearance, you can see the linen like paper.  I used 3 decorative brad hearts to bring some sparkle to the tree.  All the stamps in this project are from Stampin up.  This is my first time making a square card, I suppose I'll have to hand deliver this one because I don't have an envelope to fit it.  haha  Unless I custom make one.
Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.
What are your thoughts on google+? I'm thinking about putting my blog there too.  Any suggestions? 
😊Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping😊
Please remember if you like one of my cards, Just click the Pinterest button or Facebook button below to share it.  
That would be wonderful.

6 comments:

  1. What a cute Valentine's Day card - love the little hearts on the tree. We love Valentine's Day - so many cute stamps to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! I love your idea of using white card stock behind the washi tape. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! I love the hearts on the tree! Thanks for playing along at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on our sketch. Thanks for joining us at HSS!

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet! I love the hearts stamped in the trees! What a super take on our sketch this week! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations PJ!

    You have been selected as a Hand Stamped Sentiments Artist Pick for your design in our Sketch Challenge #256! You have earned the HSS Artist Pick Badge to display on your blog.

    Please contact me for the html for your badge of grab it from our blog site post.

    Thank you for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week!

    Come play again!

    HSS Design Team

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~