Saturday, January 20, 2018

Sketch 247 & Hand Stamped Sentiments Inspiration Challenge #281~ HEARTS

I'm so grateful that today my little stamp order came to my house.  I was struggling to make thank you notes for the sympathy cards I have been receiving.  I'm so humbled that people care enough to send me cards during this sad time.   So I wanted to make a special thank you, and nothing was coming to mind until the mail person delivered my order.  Yay.   I ordered the Sure Do Love you bundle which I used to make this card today.  I ordered it to make a Wedding card for my daughter's wedding next weekend.    With that order I qualified to pick a free celebration stamp set and I chose the Heartfelt blooms.  It worked perfectly for the sympathy thank you notes for my mom.
I really am trying to decorate the inside of my cards more.  It truly does give them a more finished look.   I choose non-traditional colors for this Valentine card.  I like the playful background.   I chose to work with purple and green for accent colors.  The twine and the leaves under the center heart.  I placed them there to resemble an arrow.    I added a few dimensional dots to raise it up a bit.  The jewels had to be placed there on the banner because of a few smudges.  (sigh) 
I'm going to submit this card to the following challenges.
Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping.

If you want to read my mom's memorial card

10 comments:

  1. My goodness, you've been through a lot in the last little while! Im sorry for the loss of your dear mother. As humans it seems we always feel comforted when we have something to look forward to. It sounds as though you've got another big event coming up, so congratulations on that! Happier times are coming. In the mean time I'm sure glad you've got stamping to help you out...It's always good therapy! This card you've created for your daughter is fun! Thanks for sharing it with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss. I am glad that you are finding pleasure in your new stamps and in responding to all the kind messages of your friends. May God enable you to take great joy in the upcoming wedding.
    Thank you for sharing your pretty card at AHSC.
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so pretty! I love the purple heart! So sorry for your loss. thank you for sharing with us at AHSC last week.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very sorry for your loss. The recipients will be so touched that you created something so special to thank them. Your card uses the sketch perfectly. Thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card! I'm so sorry that you've experienced such a loss. Thanks for sharing this lovely card with us at Atlantic Hearts this week.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for your loss. <3 I do really love your card! You did a great job! Thanks for joining us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

    Jess- DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love and peace to you! Thanks so much for playing along at Atlantic hearts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely way to thanks folks for their caring thoughts! I'm sorry for your loss but I hope your memories bring you peace and the day comes soon when your thoughts of her bring more smiles than tears. Thank you for taking time to share with us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so nice you were inspired to create this beautiful thank you card. The heart theme and colors are so lovey for conveying your heartfelt sentiment. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful card! Great job stamping on the inside as well...that's always something I forget to do! Hugs to you and thank you for playing along with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~