Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Tuxedo (Black & White) Card Challenge

My goodness, it's been 10 days exactly since my last blog post.  So much has happened.    My mom was in palliative care less then a week.  On Monday we made all the arrangements and got her admitted.  I was struggling with what I just assumed was low blood sugar or something.  So the next day (Tuesday) I went to the dr. for a little check up.  He hooked me up to an EKG which apparently was a bit wonky, and from there I was taken by ambulance to the hospital ER and then had to spend the night.  I was released on Wednesday evening, and sent home on baby aspirin, and tomorrow we go to the doctor so he can go over test results.   I'm very nervous, and would appreciate prayers.   Needless to say I was unable to go visit my mom then last week.  So this past Saturday my husband had off and we headed over to Palliative care Hospital.  (about 40 minutes away)   When we got there dad told me she had passed away about 40 minutes before I got there.  So much to my distress I was overwhelmed with not getting there in time.     Her funeral will be this Thursday the 18th at 2pm.  I know she is in peace and no more pain.  Praising the LORD for that.  

Onto the card.  I am having a hard time concentrating on card making but thought I'd try and play along with the challenge at: Cards In Envy  the theme is : Tuxedo, black and white cards.

I used my stampin up Swan Lake set to make this card.  I even stamped the inside. which is rare for me.  I really should start doing that more.. Just makes the card seem more complete.   I added a bit of clear wink of stella to mama swan on the front, so she would sparkle.  






I've also added a picture of the sympathy card I made for my Dad, Sister, Grandma, Aunts and Uncles.
Thank you all for your continued prayers. 
I will try to keep stamping and keep smiling.    


   

3 comments:

  1. I love your swan card - so cute, and yes the little swans do dress up the inside. It's never easy to make sympathy cards but I'm sure your family will love receiving this card, especially since you made it for them. Our thoughts and prayers are always with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you and your family. I hope you feel much better soon and I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy. This is a beautiful black and white card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss. It is very hard to lose a parent even when we expect it an know it's best for them. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I also hope and pray that you get good results from your tests or the treatment you need. Your card is beautiful. Thank you so much for making it and sharing it with us at Cards in Envy during this very difficult time. But crafting does seem to help our soul doesn't it? The paper you used for the swan card is gorgeous and I love the sympathy card too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~