Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Sketch 263, A Mother's Flair, Stampin UP







Today I have not accomplished much as far as stamping goes.  However, I did make a batch of peanut-butter cookies for my hubby and kids.  I'm not a big fan of them.  But believe me, I'll find something to snack on.   Making cookies is a hard thing for me now, the constant bending for the cookie sheet and lifting but at least it was wasn't to bad, and everything is cleaned up.  Perhaps that explains why I'm so tired out.  
I was able to make this one card this afternoon,   I have to do a bit of explaining about it.  As you can see in the pictures  it started with a box, a 4x4 inch little box that I want to mail out to a friend for her birthday.  I bought her a carton of those robin eggs and it fits perfectly in there, with a bit of room for this card and some tissue paper.   So I began to make measurements.. right off folks ya know when I bring out my ruler, it's going to be trouble.   It was a miracle because I don't know how I even cut it to work perfectly.  Yay for no mistakes on the heavy card stock.   
So then I searched out and  found a challenge to play along with and  I will submit my card to:

 
I took a picture with the flash on so you could see the three little embellishments in the lower left hand corner.  After stamping the shoe and flower, I colored it in and then fussy cut it out..I was so very thankful for my new 9.99 cheater glasses. YAY.   The sentiment I masked off the bottom so I could stamp the rest of it on the inside and keep the sentiment on the front a one liner.    I used the stampin Up, Mother's flair for the images.  On the inside of the card I also added a little pocket so I can slide in a  starbucks gift card, she loves coffee.  I on the other hand have not ever acquired the taste for that yet, but I do love how it smells.  I also die cut out the word hugs for the pocket.  After looking at the sketch I'm thinking I might have made a mistake and not added a bigger rectangle in the background.  I guess I just saw what was in the center and worked with that.  OOPS..  I'm so excited to see what other people will do with this sketch.
In keeping with my black and white theme.. I thought I'd share a picture of HP.  My little buddy loves to rest his chops on the window sill and watch the traffic, from this window.  Sometimes a squirrel pops down the driveway and that makes him happy.   In 2 weeks he will have a whole new look, as we always get him shaved in the spring and fall.  I should take a before and after picture.
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit.   
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping



2 comments:

  1. What an adorable card - I'm sure yur friend will love it as well as the goodies that come with it. I know what you mean with measuring. It is not one of my good skills! But you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card...the black and white scheme is beautiful, and every little detail is so thoughtful. It will be a blessing to your friend. I love coffee and PB cookies, but totally agree with your comment about rulers! That's why I teach reading and not math!! Thanks for sharing at AHSC.
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~