Monday, July 24, 2023

Christmas In July

I made a non-traditional Christmas card. 
The colors and the vase.  Just seemed 
like something I'd like to try and do to 
incorporate my new stamp set. 
I will submit this card to the challenge at:
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  Earthen Textures, Hope & Peace 
I sponged the vertical strip with blackberry bliss
to match the cardstock.  then stamped the sentiments
directly on the paper.  The vase and arrangement I stamped
and then die cut.  I cut the vase in quarters to make it
fit in the appropriate space.  I added the embellishements
to "spruce" it up a bit. 
I love how clean it turned out.  
The sentiment is so lovely.  
I'm so happy I actually stamped it straight.
That's a miracle right there. 
I am still on my Hamilton kick.  Reading all sorts
of history novels.  I never knew how much I'd 
love it.  Now it's time for a lighter read.  My daughter
recommended me a book, tis a bit of a mystery so 
we shall see how it goes.  We love sharing
book recommendations with each other.  I'm
so happy our kids love to read. 
HP is most excited about this peapod.  
It's a whopper.  This is our first
year growing peas.  I don't like veggies,
however I did try it, and will admit 
the smaller they are, they seem sweeter, and
I can tolerate them.  I  am grateful for that. 

 The verse I chose for this card is:
John 1:14KJV
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we
beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,)
full of grace and truth.
šŸ•®
 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
šŸ’—PJ



 

1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful arrangement, PJ with the dark leaves behind. Makes for a lovely card - christmas or not! Thanks for sharing with us at CC&S this fortnight!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~