Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Bee-lieve

Hello Friends.   
I started the week off with labs at the clinic.  
I have to say my motivational self must have made
all my appointments for this week, because my 
unmotivated self is not appreciating them now.  
I was very happy with my blood sugar at 101. 
After all the candy and sweet tea I've been drinking
It was a miracle.  Thank you Jesus.  
Some of my other tests are not so good.  But the one I was concerned about
is coming down slowly, so I'm grateful for that too.   I have other 
pointers that are too low. It amazes me how much they can 
tell from those tubes of blood.  Anyways the last time 
they did my panel in March it was $4000.00 just for labs, I'm telling
them the mosquitos get my blood for free, please take a lesson. haha
We got some much needed rain here this past weekend. 
My garden very much appreciated it.
I have a beehive over by our fence, and I'm thinking
it is carpenter bees, which is ok, since they are good
pollinators.  Just don't want to get too close to the nest 
to find out.  Much like honey bees, or bumble bees, they
won't usually sting unless disturbed.  While the darn
yellow jackets just sting for the fun of it.  sigh. 
Any ways, that is where I got my inspiration for today's card.
I thought I'd focus on the bees.  and "Bee-lieve" in a 
good doctor's appointment tomorrow.  
I will submit this card to the challenge at:
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  Everyday Expressions, Cheerful Daisies,
and Lawn Fawn: Bee Mine
I used one DSP but flipped it over so that the colors matched
for the top and bottom of the sketch, just a tad different look.
I absolutely love those little stamped bees.  They are so cute.  It's 
such a nice bright card, makes me smile.  
I'm propagating some of my house plants.  I finally
got the nerve to try cutting my rubber tree.  I
am happy to report the mama plant is hanging in 
there and the cuttings are getting roots.  
Thank you Jesus.  
I also took a bunch of these succulent leaves on 
my plants to see what would happen, and 
folks, they are doing pretty good.  I wanted
the lola's to grow, they are the bigger ones
on the outer rim, and so far I don't see any roots
for them, but I'm not giving up hope yet.  
Here is a closer look at the little succulents
blooming from the leaves. 
I also tried one more thing recently, painting
a mandala design on a rock.  Gosh it was fun.
I looked up the word mandala, and good grief,
a gal could get lost trying to figure out if this is
safe or something more sinister.  So I like this 
definition of it best, 

Mandala stones are meditative symbols that
 are created by painting smooth river rocks
 with intricate patterns of dots. The art and practice 
of creating the mandala is a form of 
meditation, a soothing ritual that allows the painter 
to express their creativity and find a sense of calmness.

However, I don't use my stones for healing or meditative purposes. 
I painted it because I think they look pretty, and I love
the patterns.  I don't believe it's anything like bringing in evil forces to
paint a rock with circle (dots)  Oh my what people can think of.    Any ways
it's not even that nice.  Hopefully I will get better at it, and maybe add
those to my etsy shop as well.  
Proverbs 16:24 KJV
Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul,
and health to the bones 
šŸ•®
 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
šŸ’—PJ


 

3 comments:

  1. What an adorable card! I love cards with little bees and hives as long as they are on paper!! Hope your tests and visit goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the summery yellows and those sweet bees! Thank you so much for joining the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week. Oh, you have found a very addictive hobby :-) Painting rocks is a LOT of fun. There are plenty of local clubs that paint them and then hide them in spots. And put painted 'hope' rocks in chemotherapy comfort bags...I purchased an inexpensive set of various size ball tools for doing dots. They look like embossing tools. Email me if you want to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable, I love the yellows, so soothing! It is so sweet! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~