Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Sketch 265 Not So seriously, Hello Friend, Stampin UP, Lawn Fawn Critters at the dog park

 I think my absolute favorite challenges are the ones that have the  sketches.  When you come across a layout that you have not ever tried before, there is something exciting and "challenging" about it.   I especially like it when it turns out pretty awesome, when you thought it would be too difficult to do.   It just really makes a person think on how they will incorporate the stamps/inks/papers they will be using to match the sketch.  
Today I used three different stamp sets.  Lawn Fawn: Critters at the dog park, I used the bone and paw image to create the background paper.  It was already printed with swirls on it, but I enhanced it a bit more.  

Stampin Up:  Not so Seriously for the dogs and the sentiment on the front of the card.    I colored in the dogs, and then thought it needed something more, so I colored in some grass and sky to make it a glorious spring day.   The sentiment was a bit tricky, it is the long line kind, "You're Top Dog Today!"  So I had to bring out my lovely scotch tape to do a bit of taping of the words I didn't want to use and also to stack it, phew it only took 2x to get it to work in the little circle.   Now for the inside sentiment I used a stampin up set called Hello Friend.  I think it worked lovely to finish off the card. 
I also had the perfect opportunity to take a picture of this lovely cardinal, but he never turned around.  I love how the snowmobile shed next door gives it the perfect back drop of color.  haha.
I'm going to submit this card to the challenge at: 




I Also wanted to share a picture of HP.. He had his spring shave today.   All ready for summer now.




Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping.  

2 comments:

  1. love the card ...and all your dogs ...cute bunch ...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! This card is so cute! Love the stamps and that sentiment, too! You did a great job with the sketch! Thanks so much for sharing with us at AHSC!- Lori DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~