Saturday, May 5, 2018

Tuesday Morning Sketches #451, Hey Chick, Hello Friend, Eclectic Expressions, Stampin UP


 Boy did I have difficulty with making a card today.  I knew I wanted to incorporate 3 things. 

1.  Play along with Tuesday Morning Sketches
2.  Make a Card using chickens for my cousin.
3.  Use a stamp that reminds me of chicken wire.
So those were my 3 requirements for myself today, and my gosh the mess I made on our desk trying to create this card.  Let's just say it's exhausting just thinking about the clean up.  
Any ways I tried to layer the corner pieces, but it always seemed a bit overwhelming to the card.  So then I thought why not just mask the area off.  So I pulled out my Hello Friend stampin up set and used what I like to refer to as the chicken wire stamp.  I then stamped the edges.  I used Eclectic Expressions for the background with I stamped in teal and orange colors.  Then I pulled out my Hey Chick from stampin up for the chickens and sentiments.   The little egg on the inside just "cracks" me up. haha
I'm pretty impressed they all fit in the oval.. it took some work but I finally got all the girls to pose just right for this picture.  In fact that speckled background reminds me of chicken feed.   Oh my imagination can be stretched to believe that.    I wanted to make this thank you card for my cousin because she has the most adorable chickens, and she just gave me a cartoon of eggs, and they were all different colors, and I found that to be quite impressive.. I mean who needs to dye Easter eggs, if the chickens will lay them in blues, greens browns.   Also, she introduced me to coconut sugar.  Pretty impressed with that as well. 
Hope you are all having as lovely weather as we are here in WI.  It truly is a blessing.  I feel like a big old bear coming out of hibernation with this weather.   Got to visit with some neighbors, and was able to sit outside on our deck. 
Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping. 

5 comments:

  1. Soooo cute!! What a fun card!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say you perfectly nailed all your requirements into one cute and fun card! The chicks, feed, wire and egg shape - they're all perfect, and so is the inside too! Thanks for sharing this fun card with us at the TMS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card - I do like that chicken wire in the corners. Those chickens are cute. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, my sis in law got chickens that all laid different colored eggs and said the same thing as you lol!! Your card is so cute and I love your stretch thinking for the feed and chicken wires - so cute! PS I'm in the same boat as you so far as needing to clean up but holy cow I haven't cleaned off my table in weeks! Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card. I love this stamp set! The chicken wire is neat! Love the inside sentiment as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~