Thursday, May 6, 2021

Sketch #419~ So Sentimental, Color & Contour, Stampin Up

Oooh this was a tough sketch for me this week. 
But nevertheless, I wanted to give it a try.
So I will submit this card to the challenge at:
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  So Sentimental 
Stampin Up:  Color & Contour 
The one thing I didn't want to do was go overboard.
So I sponged the two tiny banners on the white larger 
one, thinking that would help cut down on layers, and distractions. 
But as you can see my homemade DSP, is a 
bit busy.  So much for keeping things simple.  
My constant struggle.  
I like the bright sunshine colors though.  And do you 
want to know what gave me the inspiration?  The
yellow brick road, from the Wizard of Oz.  
That's right folks.  When I went to the holistic woman
yesterday.  There in between two buildings was a delightful
surprise.  I'll share a couple pictures at the bottom 
of this post.   
It made me so happy.  I had to take a few pictures.
It was like God saying this is the the path, (yellow brick 
road)  walk in it.  I know it sounds a bit weird, but 
it just gave me confirmation, that I need to try 
something different because my doctors aren't 
helping me.  
So I went into the office with a hopeful attitude.
Praying God would give the woman wisdom and 
guidance to help.   She told me after the test, 
that my adrenal glands are exhausted, and that my 
nervous system is shot.  which explains a lot.  I also
have some issues in the gut, which need some supplementing. 
I left overwhelmed but hopeful.  She seems quite willing
to walk through this with me.  Please continue to pray
that things will work out and I will be on the path to 
healing and restoration.   I'm still keeping my doctor
appointment in August but wouldn't it be grand 
if blood work came back all good.   
Here is the crew on the yellow brick road.  
Well we sure did have a busy day yesterday.  Between 
finding the place, which was a 2½ hour drive, then a 2 hour
appointment.  We went to our son's house he lives down 
in that area, spent the afternoon with him.  Came home
to pizza, my dad ordered for us all.  Our son and his 
girlfriend actually drove back up here, and our daughter
and son in law came over, so it was a fun filled night.  
I was and still am exhausted today.  but it was all so worth it. 

I'd love to have you follow me on instagram at: 

 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ

* Please stop in at my Etsy shop.   You might just find a stamp or stamp set you NEED to purchase.  Perhaps even a card.  I know I'd greatly appreciate the sales.  So make sure to check it out. 😊

 






 

7 comments:

  1. That is a challenging sketch, but I like what you did with it! Your patterned paper is perfect, just the right amount of color to compliment your cardstock. The yellow brick road you found is very cool t oo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The background you stamped is lovely! Such a nice job with pattern and colors. Thank you for joining us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. 4G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stamped background! Great use of the sketch.
    Thank you for sharing with Atlantic Heart’s Sketch Challenge.
    Patty S, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great color scheme! Thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, PJ! I love how the "Yellow Brick Road" inspired you to create such a colorful card. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cheery card! Thank you for joining Challenge 419 at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card, for a sketch that challenged you, you knocked it out of the park! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~