Saturday, December 10, 2022

Christmas Church

I finally mailed out my Christmas cards today.
Well, actually my husband did.  I imagine no one
will recieve them until January, the way the mail
 service in our area has been. My darling had a ton
of chores to do today.  The front
door was sealed tight, because our old
house shifts with all the traffic and trains, so 
he had to shim that up again.  Then the sink
started leaking so he had to replace the board under
there and the valves.  He don't get a break.
I'm happy to have the opportunity to make a card 
today, it's my calm in the storm.  In fact I started 
thinking why don't I just always make Christmas
Cards.  It seems I need more of those then any other,
and I always run short.  I also have this weird feeling
that eventually we won't even have a postal service 
anymore, especially the way the times are changing.
Makes me sad to think no cards in the mail. 
I will submit this card to the challenge at:
The stamp set featured in this card is:
Stampin Up: Peace to You 
I love that little Church, it reminds me of 
how that song, Silent Night, came to be.
It's quite extraordinary, but isn't that the case
with all great hymns or songs.   The tragic
story behind:  It is well with my soul, always
brings tears to my eyes.  The words are powerful. 
My card was easy enough to make until
my clumsy hands decided to tip the glued side
down on my desk and make a mess of everything.
I stamped the sentiment and then cut it in half 
so that it would fit on the side and have a little 
for under the church too.  I added a few
snowflake embellishments to finish it off. 
Love how HP begs so intently.  
Below is a picture of my
little plants window.   I didn't
even put up my window clings yet.
Might not happen this year.  
I'd love to have you follow me on instagram at: 

 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ

 

5 comments:

  1. PJ, this is gorgeous! I love the scene you created with shades of blue and grey. SO pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so pretty and classy. Thank you for joining us this week at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Anna, AHSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! I love the church and scene, so pretty! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card and nice of your hubby to do all his chores! My honey had an old house to do list this weekend as well...thank goodness for them! thanks for always taking time to play along with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge and good luck.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love silver and blue together and this is stunning. Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~