Saturday, August 15, 2026

Card #25 for 2026

Dear blog readers, it's been a long time.
I made this card last night but was too exhausted to 
even put it on the blog.  So here I am bright an early
trying to get it done today, before I forget. 
I will enter this card in the challenge at:
The stamps I used for this card are:
Stampin UP:
Life in bloom
Elements of text
Coneflower celebrations
I used the small script stamp on the left hand side 
of the card instead of DSP.  I then splattered stamped
the right side of the card and sponged the edges with a brown
ink to make it look antique.   I chose to play on the words of
the sentiment by only showing a "glimpse" of the flower.  So I 
stamped the image off the sides of the card stock.  The bow was 
a tad tricky as usual.  I should have just stamped and cut a bow
using paper, but I thought the ribbon to be  more appropriate with
keeping with an old-time look.  I love the thought of old letters wrapped
up in ribbons and bows.   Short story:  My husband and I had a long distant
relationship, and we wrote each other every single day, we even marked our envelopes  with highlighters so we'd know they were from each other. 
 36 years later I still have these precious letters.
I often think I should tie them in ribbons and bows.  
Right now they are in shoe boxes.
Kids of today miss out on that with all the texting.  
I have my love's handwriting and thoughts
and it's most precious to me.  I'm so glad we lived in a time
 before computers and phones took over.
 and where writing was still considered valuable and appreciated. 
The morning glories in my garden are in need of a good weeding,
but I can't get it done yet this year.  Recovery takes time. 
The scene out front of my house has my nerves on edge.  Let's hope the end result
will be a beautiful street. 
Patriot pup has the most darling eyes.  
and the little fella knows how to use them to 
his advantage.  Wink
The verse I chose for this card is:
Hebrews 13:8 NKJV
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
📖
 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping

💗PJ


 

5 comments:

  1. That flower is gorgeous - such a pretty card! Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! I love the soft pink tones and the way the large flower becomes the focal point. The subtle script background and the little bow add such a lovely, delicate touch. 💕 Thanks so much for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, that flower is a showstopper! The colours are great, beautiful! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Patty! Love the pink tones and floral image chosen. Thanks for joining us this week at AHSC. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty. I love your take on our sketch. Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~