Saturday, December 2, 2023

Christmas Slimline Card #2

Hello, 
I decided to go and make one more slimline card
and this time stick closer to the sketch at:
As you can see I stuck with the oval this time,
but I ran into the same problem, I just kept 
adding more to the sides.  My goodness,
I have no self control in the stamping department. 
I added some glitter embossing paste to the trees, 
and then I couldn't resist adding the cute bear, I 
pictured him walking thought the tree lot picking
out the perfect one for his home.  
I took a picture with no light shining on the card, It
looks so dark, but the trees look grand.  
I forgot to tell you the best part of the Christmas parade,
Of course it was being with one of my kiddos, but the 
other part was a man had a springer spaniel, my heart
melted, I was almost in tears.  His name was Charlie,
and he was 3 years old, so young and sweet, and super
soft.  If you ever get a chance to pet a springer spaniel,
I encourage you to do so.  They are the ultimate in softness.
Let's just say when we came home we gave our old guy
lots of special love and attention.  Here is a picture of 
him all tucked in his bed.  He is showing his age as far 
as not being able to drink or chew well.  But we make
his food for him now and encourage the drinking with
rubbing down his neck.  He is such a pal.  I can't imagine 
nor do I like to think of him gone.  So as long as he's not
in pain we keep trying to give him the best life he can have.  
The verse I chose for this card is:
Psalm 145:9 KJV
The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.
šŸ•®
 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping

šŸ’—PJ 



 

2 comments:

  1. Two wonderful cards PJ! This one is just unique and I love all the white space around this marvelous scene you created. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Atlantic Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the twinkling lights with the trees and the polar bear, so adorable, fabulous card and take on our sketch! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~