Thursday, December 7, 2023

SlimLine Christmas card #3

Hello Crafting friends.  
I'm excited to play along with another
slim line card at the 
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  Decorated with Happiness,
Beary cute
I let the DSP do all the work here.
The background just seems perfect
for the polar bear family. 
I tried to keep things clean and simple,
this time around. I love how the hat 
and scarf pick up the blues in the card. 
The three snowflakes under the bears
worked perfect for the embellishments,
 I used this sketch
somewhat so to make a really fast
sketch card for my dad.  I 
posted it below. 
You see had my mom lived they would 
have celebrated 54 years of marriage on Dec. 6th.
Their tradition was always pizza, and my dad would
get a beer.  Well, dad can't drink much beer anymore
because of his health, but this year he got himself 
a can, and so I quick drew up this mug.  Not much
of a freehand artist, but I think he will see it's a 
mug of beer. 

I've been crocheting again.  I made these fun little 
coasters and plan on giving them to my kiddos, 
dad, and my grandma.  She's 100 years young and 
I think she will love the santa one.  If you could please
keep her in your prayers.  She tested positive for covid.  
I also wanted to share a picture of my son.  I'm not 
sure if I had mentioned this on my blog, but this past
August he was in a bad bike accident.  But praise 
the LORD for his protection and his healing.  Even
though he sustained quite a few injuries, non were 
life threatening.  Praise GOD.  He did have trauma 
to his whole head and face.  But again it is 
a complete miracle and nothing less that he is ok
and as you can see from this flier promo below
he's back at riding BMX  I covered up the location
of the event.  So proud of my son.  Following his dreams,
and working hard for them.  He works long 12 hour days,
and rides on the side so he's always on the move. 
Here's a picture of HP, he's been acting very
strange lately, I fear the worse, but hoping 
for the best. He goes off by himself like he's hiding. 
 He's usually always right next to us.
  Swallowing is becoming 
more and more of a challenge.  and 
someone is very spoiled now and only 
eats homemade dog food.
I don't want to end the post on a sad note,
but I feel it's a forgotten piece of history by so 
many in the younger generation.  So I do my 
best to make sure my kiddos and those I know
remember freedom isn't free.  God bless 
the soldiers and their families who gave all for our country.  
The verse I chose for this card is:
1 Kings 8:57
The Lord our God be with us, as he was with our fathers: 
let him not leave us, nor forsake us:
šŸ•®
 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping

šŸ’—PJ 


 

4 comments:

  1. I so love this card! You did such an amazing job! So sorry to hear about your Grandmother. Hopefully, she will be up and around soon to enjoy the holidays. Prayers for her and HP. Joey is not doing well either. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, PJ. Sending positive thoughts and healing prayers for your grandmother. Thank you for joining the Atlantic Hearts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card. The patterned papers you chose are so perfect with your polar bears. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card. I love the fun polar bears. Thank you for joining us this week at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Anna, AHSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~