Friday, August 18, 2017

RRCB69~Gone Fishin'

 Hello Friends.  We have a new member to the blog family, and I just want to take a moment and say a BIG  THANK YOU.. for taking that leap to follow me.  
Image result for Thank you
And some more super exciting news: my daughter has found her wedding dress, the little dear was just beaming, and absolutely beautiful in it. 



Now onto the card.  I made this one for: Retro Rubber Challenge Blog
I used and older stampin up set  called Fishin' from 1996 along with this big block stamp, There is no year on it, but I assume it is older.  I stamped it then cut out the wooden frame and pasted it on the picture in my card.  I also fussy cut out the fishing pole, fish and basket after stamping them.  I thought the weaved embossed background worked well with the basket.  I "pictured" myself on the bank of a lake with the catch of the day, relaxing in the sun.. watch the water lap up against the shoreline, ahh doesn't that sound lovely?   A little bit of water coloring (haha)to make this card looking swimmingly cute. 
Thank you so much for stopping by.  
Hope you will take a moment to check out my other projects while you're here.  Also pinning is very much appreciated.  I have like 900 cards on my pinterest board.  WOWZA!!  You can really see the transformation of my stamping from the early ones to present.
Keep smiling and Keep Stamping

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I can't believe you took the time and patience to fussy cut the fishing rod and fish! It looks super. Great use of the frame and the embossing makes a great backdrop for your outdoors scene. Thanks for joining us again at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Absolutely love the scene you created! And that fussy cutting! Talk about patient! I appreciated your comment about ow far you have come - it's crazy to take that journey back in time and see how a person improves! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! Quite a bit of work but well worth it. I really like that background stamp and your watercoloring is fantastic! The TIEF you used is one of my all time favorites from SU. Wish it was still in the catalog but it will stay in my stash anyway. Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber! It's always great seeing you in the gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PJ love seeing you in our gallery, the frame is amazing!! Your watercolouring is perfect too, I bet this was a ton of work, but SO worth it. Thanks for playing along with us again at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~