Sunday, July 30, 2017

TTTC008~Faux Tile Technique ~Use Your Stuff




 I just tried a new technique on my card.  Well it's new to me, apparently it's been around a bit, but here is my first take on the Faux tile look.  I thought it would tie in perfect with the TicTacToe Challenge.  Since I'm playing the top row straight across.  I've got the Yellow down, I would say in this card, (wink) and then also the  black rectangle, along with the sentiment rectangle.  However the scoring is where my new to me technique comes in to play.  So I used a 4 by 5 inch piece of white card stock and scored it one inch across the top and turned the card and scored again one inch.   Then I stamped very lightly the background flowers.  I colored them in and then liberally applied versa mark over the whole card stock.  I poured on some clear embossing powder and then took my blender pen and traced the score lines before setting with the heat gun.  I repeated this step twice to give it a glossy tile appearance.  I'm not to pleased with the background images but totally thrilled with the tile look.  I can't wait to play around with this technique again.  I added a little clear gem to the middle flower and a butterfly to break up all those yellow flowers.
I had to put all 3 pictures in so you could hopefully see the faux tile appearance of the card.  It's quite amazing how it turned out.  
I'm also going to submit my card to the free week at: Use Your Stuff.  Indeed I did "use my stuff" on this card.  Not very often do I pull out the embossing powder. 
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping



4 comments:

  1. Love this technique! I've not seen it before and I think you did a great job making your background look like a tiled wall. Thanks for playing along with us at Tic Tac Toe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I admit, I have never tried this but thanks to your great description.....I am going to give it a try! Super post....many thanks for sharing this with the challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rocked the technique! Beautiful card and thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute! I love the tile look! I'll have to try that! Thanks for sharing it with us at Use Your Stuff!
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~