Thursday, April 7, 2022

Sketch #467~Stampin Up: Borders to backgrounds, MFT, Our Story

 I told myself don't write blogs later 
in the evening, the spelling/grammar is way worse,
but look at me here at 8:30 in the evening trying to 
get it together.  Sigh.  I just am easily distracted 
so I put things off and then before I know it 
I'm yawning like a lion and jumbling my words. 
You lucky readers get to experience my words 
   The family knows if I'm tired,
I get either giggly or my words make no since
and I just slur my speech.   It's like my brain has 
said goodnight already. 
This card I made with my kiddos in mind. 
I shall share a quick story.  I was and absolute
poor reader growing up.  I had a tutor from K-6th
grade, and finally in the sixth grade I was able to 
read high school level and comprehend what I was reading.
Well I think I've lost some of that the older 
I've gotten, perhaps it is what people are saying
is covid brain fog, but I have a hard time reading
and studying now.  Even my Bible studies are harder.
But nevertheless I still love books and reading.  Being
that I struggled as a child, I knew that when I had 
kids it was very important that I start reading to them young.  
I was reading to my pregnant tummy with our first
child, and then when the second came along I was 
reading all the time.  To this day both of our 
children are very accomplished in reading/writing
and love words.  It amazes me.  They have actually
both thanked me for this.  It blesses my heart so much
to know they appreciate reading. 
I'm going to submit this card to the challenge at:
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  Borders to Backgrounds
MFT: Our Story
I used linen paper from stampin up for the first time.
I had no idea what I was doing.  so I spritzed it with 
some glitter alcohol, then stamped it.  It gave it 
a sort of water color wall paper look.   The little 
book shelves represent the butterflies in the sketch.
I always surprise myself with the colors I chose. 
Apparently purple was the choice of the day.  
This is a picture of my birthday cake.
It's a turtle cake, chocolate, caramel, nuts,
in yummy layers.  It's intensely sweet,
I love it.  
I have noticed people use glass cylinders to
decorate, so I decided to give it a try.  UGH.. 
First mine is not on a pedestal, second, I have
no design on decorating.  But thought I'd try. 
I'm going to have to check out pinterest for some
helpful hints on making this look good.  Maybe some
ribbon and a nice big bow.  Ohh I do have pink ribbon
maybe I'll add that. or maybe I will use that linen 
paper since it has an adhesive back to put around it. 
Stay tuned for updates on that. 
Maybe I will just fill it with water and add a fish.  haha
Here's a picture of my little buddy.  I'll probably be posting
a lot more of him.  I'm so upset over what is happening
I cry myself to sleep almost every night, which is 
 not helpful to my eyes right now.  I just can't believe 
this is real, and so aggressively taking over.  
He is such a happy puppy.  (dog)  I know he's no puppy
he just has always acted like one.  He is under my feet at the table
as I type this.  Bless his heart. I would share more pictures
of what is happening to his head but it's not for the 
faint of heart.  It's quite frightening to see. 

Thank you for your continued prayers and
encouragement as I recover from covid.  
And also,  for my dog, HP.

I'd love to have you follow me on instagram at: 

I've also added a new tab to the bar at the top of my blog.  
I'll be trying to sell a few of my older stamp sets.
So keep checking back to see if there is something 
there you might like.

 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ 







 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful job & your post is lovely (tired or not). Feel better & take all the puppy cuddles you can get. Thanks so much for taking the time to play along with us at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet card to celebrate reading! I always have adored books and two of my three boys are readers as adults, too. Reading is one of the most important gifts to give children I think. Thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card. I really love the bookshelves and cute dog. Thank you for joining us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and hope to see you again soon!
    Anna, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card to celebrate reading! You've created a lovely scene, focusing on a reader. Fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~