Friday, April 22, 2022

Sketch 469~Slimline Happy Birthday

I hope you all had a lovely Easter 
weekend.  Our kiddos were home, and
we were busy little bees moving. I just 
was the supervisor. haha 
I did manage to make us a small dinner,
with ham, turkey potatoes, and such.
We went to church in the morning and 
we sang one of my all time favorite 
Easter songs.  I even sang too.  Although
my hearing is a bit off and my voice
don't carry a tune.  I joined in anyways.  
Click the link below if you'd like to hear it. 
This song makes my heart so happy.
I made this card for my friend who 
will be having a birthday in May.
I'm always perplexed on what to give
her for a gift.  She has truly spoiled 
me over the years of our friendship  
Our finances are not nearly as grand,
but I try to get her something.  I'm 
happy to say I know what it is this year.
He card is the hint.  I finally found a tea
I can actually drink and not get a frown with.
I love sweet ice tea, but I'm not much of 
a warm drinker   I like my occasional hot 
chocolate extra chocolate and sugar please.
But otherwise no coffee or teas for this gal.
Until now.  I love this tea
Hot cinnamon sunset.  It reminds me of 
red hot candies, and I love those. 
This tea will be part of her gift. 

I'm going to submit this card to the 
challenge at:
Stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  Tea Together
Happiest of Birthdays
Buffalo Check

In making the card I over emphasized the 
circles in the sketch just so I could use
the paper doilies.  Then I spruced 
them up with a little stamped check pattern.
It reminds me of a picnic blanket.  The rest 
is all stamped, colored, and then try to fit
it all on my slimline card.  The gold embellishments
are the perfect touch to make the flowers pop.
I thought I'd include a few pictures of HP.
he is doing ok.  We took him in to have his 
spring shave, and so he's all fresh, and
quite cold now.  He has to have his little blankie 
to cover up with.  He is snoozing on 
the couch right now as I type this.  Of course
he has a a kennel bed, and a little bed next to the 
couch but he thinks he needs to be on the 
couch so hence the reason we have a blanket 
always covering it.  I mean who can say no 
to this little guy.  
He's still drinking, and eating so that's all
a bonus.  He don't seem to be in pain. 
He's just a little sweetheart.  60 pounds of love. 

Our family is in transition right now,
and could use prayers.  I am not at liberty to 
speak on the details yet.  But if you 
could pray for guidance and wisdom to make 
the best choices that would very much be appreciated.
THANK YOU. 

Thank you for your continued prayers and
encouragement as I recover from covid.  
And also,  for my dog, HP.

I'd love to have you follow me on instagram at: 

 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ








 

9 comments:

  1. A very sweet card for your friend, PJ. The doilies a perfect addition for that element of the sketch! I'm usually a coffee all day person, but have recently begun to appreciate tea. The one you pictured sounds delicious. Tea is more comforting and relaxing. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. C@rd and colors. Wonderful job with our sketch. Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your card! I'm sure your friend will love it as well! Your pictures of HP are so cute! I'm going to get some of that tea for my daughter. She loves red hots! You are always in my prayers! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so sweet - I love the colours and the tea images. It's a perfect birthday card. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card. I love the doilies and the flowers you included. Thank you for joining us at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week and hope you join us again soon!
    Anna, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pretty colors in your card, great use of the sketch.
    Thanks for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
    Patty S, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, I love this card, the concept is great, the colour are fabulous, it is great! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is VERY pretty....one of the prettiest in the gallery! I would predict a winner, actually! I love how you put the gingham right on the doilies, what a fun touch. And your HP is pretty sweet too! I do love that hymn as well...I have it in my head right now! Praying for you & your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the tea theme on this one! and that you added the sentiment to the inside. you always rock the sketch! thank you for joining us at AHSC.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~