Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Poinsettia Christmas Card

We woke up to a dusting of snow today. 
Hunter(our dog)was the only one most excited about it.
When my darling took him outside, he 
was overjoyed to frolic in the snow.   
The only thing Hunter (HP) don't like is his 
winter boots.  But once they are on, he's good 
with them.   
I made this card for the challenge at:
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  Reason for the Season,
Peaceful boughs 
This is such a wonderful sketch I believe
I will have to make another card.  I was just
inspired to use my poinsettia stamp.  
So here it is.  It is a two step stamp set.  
Sometimes I have a hard time lining 
these kind up, but this one is pretty forgiving
with the outlines.  
I have a nice stash of DSP, and some
of the Christmas paper is a bit tricky to use.
So I'm trying to incorporate it more into 
my cards, because I don't want to waste it. 
For some reason that is always a challenge 
for me.  Not just Christmas DSP but all sorts. 

I love how the pine cones and evergreen twigs
make a lovely arrangement.  
Which brings me to one of our pine trees 
this morning all dusted in snow.   
I came across this lovely statement.  It just
spoke to my heart.  I  enjoy being outside. 
When I was a little kid, and told
to take naps, I remember laying on my bed, listening
to the trees, we had a birch tree that always sounded
like clapping when the wind swept through the leaves. 
The pine trees, sounded like a howling of the winds 
like something you might here high in the mountains.  
Like the pines really are whispering.   So when I saw
this statement below, it was perfect.
I just came across a picture of HP when he was 4 months 
old standing in the leaves, and then a present picture of 
him at 11 years old this fall.  Our little darling is doing ok.
Still struggling with eyes and ears, but his allergies are 
better.  Praise the Lord for that.  
On another note I just finished another lovely book
by Francine Rivers, "The Lady's Mine"  
Highly recommend it.  
What good books have you been reading lately?  
I'm always interested.    Even though my eyes are
a challenge for me, because of long covid, I still
find enjoyment in reading.  
Ooh and one more thing, do any of my Bible 
reading friends have a good recommendation
of a nice journal Bible?  I would like a KJV, and 
I'm on a budget so it can't be too pricey. 
 I put the question on my instagram
but so far no one has responded.  

I'd love to have you follow me on instagram at: 

 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ




 

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous Christmas card! I love the poinsettia and the sentiment stamps! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, PJ. Your two-step looks perfect. I struggle with that type of stamp. Thank you for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful, I love the poinsettia and the greenery you have, stunning! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so very festive. I always love a stamped image on the inside of the card. Thank you for joining us this week at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Anna, AHSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~