Sunday, November 27, 2022

Slimline Evergreen Christmas

I'm so happy I had a last minute chance
to work on a card.
I didn't think I'd be able to find 
the time.  This past week was
a bit of a whirlwind.  
But I wouldn't change it for anything.
I love having the kids home and making
meals for them and just hanging out.  
I will submit this card to the challenge at:
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  Hope & Peace
Decorated with Happiness 
I was actually up at 2am working 
on this card, because of leg pain, I couldn't sleep.
Then lo and behold I realized it was a tad cold
in the house.  Indeed, the furnace was not working.
Well good thing we were still up.  Hubby turned it 
off and on Monday he will call to see about repairs. 
Talk about thanksgiving blessings.  Happy it held 
out for us until last night, and also happy, it did
not blow up or cause a gas leak.  So many things to be 
thankful for.  We still have electricity so we are using
our little oil heater and the weather in WI has been 
very mild the past few days.  So that is all a huge blessing.
Hopefully the bill won't be too bad and they can fix 
the old furnace without any other issues.  
Always something, right?  

So back to the card, I finished it this afternoon.
apparently my eyesight is not very good in the wee
hours, because it is a bit off centered.  I'm thinking those
branches would look nice with some puffy paint added to them.  
And a tad bit of wink of stella to the bulbs, always an after thought
or two, when I already snap the pictures.  

Here is the pumpkin pie I made.  I get such a kick out of the napkins  
I also made these little turkey cookies for my darlings.  
I then put one in each of the boxes I decorated for them. 
I also served a  strawberry, spinach salad, and 
everyone like it. Wonderful, and so festive.  Although the 
dressing was not so grand.  Good thing I just left it off to the side.  
I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving. 


I'd love to have you follow me on instagram at: 

 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ

 

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty wintery card. Loving the little pops of color with the tree ornaments. Sorry to hear about your furnace. Hoping the repair isn't too costly. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, I love the winter scene and the ornaments hanging off the pine boughs. Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card. I love the ornaments on the darker background! Thank you for joining us this week at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Anna, AHSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done card, PJ! Hope the furnace issue is not too costly to fix. Your family celebration looks wonderful. Thank you for joining us at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous take on the sketch! Thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~