Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Card #19 for 2024

Hello Crafting friends.
I'm still quite upset over the loss of our beloved HP.
It's the little things that make it so raw feeling.
Getting a package in the mail, use to be so exciting
because my little buddy would be sniffing away at it,
and we'd open it together.  Then when I went out
to grab an afternoon slice of cheese I instinctively 
looked for my little guy to give him a slice.  I went 
outside for the first time since his passing and coming
back into my home I had a full on panic attack, my chest
was so tight I thought it was the end.  I'm so use to 
him greeting me like he always has for the past 12 1/2 years. 
The one that hurts so much is he watched me as much as I watched him.
He was also my little vacuum, so the other day when I came out 
of my craft room and noticed a piece of a siete chip on the floor,
I just lost it, he would have scarfed that down in a second.  It hurts 
my friend, sooo very bad.  Well anyways I made this card and a duplicate
for our Vet, who had to put him down, the whole office signed a 
sympathy card and sent it to us.   The other card is for a friend 
who always asked about HP.  
I will submit this card to the challenge at:
The stamp sets used in this card are:
Stampin up:  Happy Tails, Strong of heart
Simon Says:  Pawprints on our hearts
This is just a straight forward card, some 
stamping,  cutting and a few dimensionals, 
to pop up the paw, and the sentiment to tie 
it all together.   It's so hard to be creative
when your heart is broken.  
This is the night before our little guy had to be put
down.  The kids all came home and we spent time
loving on him and making him the center of attention
like we also did,  he then went and laid down as if 
to take us all in, so sweet, and then he got up and 
came and sat by my feet.  Oh how my heart hurts for him. 
He fought hard the past two years, and especially the last
2-3 months, we were bottling feeding him the last two 
months, it was difficult, and little sleep, but I wouldn't trade 
that time with him for anything, and if I could, we'd still
be doing it, but he was having trouble breathing in the end. Not 
just the swallowing.  what an amazing dog,  So blessed 
to have had him in our family. I have videos on instagram
if you care to see him, it's in my highlights under Sir Hunter. 
The verse I chose for this card is:
John 14:1 KJV
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, Believe also in me.
šŸ•®
 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping

šŸ’—PJ 



 

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful card! It is so difficult losing a pet. My heart breaks for you and your family, but you know in your heart that you did the right and responsible thing which isn't always an easy thing to do. My thoughts and prayers are always with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining The Male Room blog challenge. So sorry for your loss. What a nice card to make for the memories .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~