Saturday, February 10, 2024

Card #16 for 2024

Oh Friends, and fellow crafters, If you 
follow my blog, then you know already
the heartache.   My beloved HP had to be put down. 
My dad use to get HP all sorts of toys and so 
I wanted to make sure to thank him.  Hp loved 
his grandpa and the toys.  This card was hard to 
make and surely not one of my best, but I 
had a hard time concentrating and it seemed 
like the creative juices were all bottled up.  
I went to  my one of my favorite sketch challenges
for inspiration and that's where I will submit this card.
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Happy tails (stampin up) 
Pawprints on our hears, Pocket full of happy
(Simon Says)
I would have liked to color the little puppy
much like HP all black and white,
but then you can't see his little nose and eyes so
goodly, so I went with a little brown pup. 
I love the sentiment, because my dad loves
puns so this is perfect.  The inside sentiment is 
absolutely true. 
These are the last hours with our beloved
friend and companion. 
This is how sweetly he came home,
now at peace and no pain, but always
so lovely with his crossed paws, he does 
that on his own. 
My heart is broken and I feel completely
crushed by the weight of his absence, 
the house is so still and quiet and yet it
is deafening  at the same time. 
I updated his profile picture on the side of my blog.
This picture below is where we laid him 
to rest in our yard. 
My daughter sent me this picture below,
On Thursday, the day we put him down. 
I don't know how I'm going to get thought this,
In my head I know one day at a time sweet Jesus,
but my heart hurts so bad, he's all I had all day
by myself, he was my world.  
The verse I chose for this card is:
Luke 23:43KJV
And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, 
Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.
šŸ•®
 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping

šŸ’—PJ 


 

5 comments:

  1. What an adorable card you made for your Dad! I'm sure he will treasure it! It is so hard to lose our furry friends. He was so lucky to have you and your family all these years. Cherish the good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your puppy card. thank you for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts challenge. Good luck!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a darling little pup in that pocket! Beautiful sentiment inside. So sorry for the loss of your dear companion. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet card - love the hearts. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts. I'm so sorry for your loss - losing a pet is truly losing a member of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, I love the hearts and paw print background, adorable. your puppy is so cute! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~