Thursday, April 26, 2018

Challenge 363 - Motherly Love~Stipple Hydrangea, A Mother's Flair, Family Reunion, Stampin UP


 Today I made this card for my Grandma for upcoming Mother's day.    My Grandma will be 95 in June, and she is an amazing woman.  A Tiny little fireball.  I just want her to know how much she means to us all, she is the family matriarch.   Another reason I made this card is because my mom passed away this past Jan. 13th.. and 3 months later my Aunt Pat passed away April 14th, very unexpectedly, Grandma has had to bury 3 adult children now, her son (my dear uncle) passed away about 30+ years ago with a heart attack in his 40's leaving behind 5 children.  Grandma has also out lived two husbands.  Bless her heart, she perseveres.

I used three stampin up sets for this card.
Stipple Hydrangea 
A Mother's Flair
Family Reunion
After coloring in the hydrangea I add glossy accents all over the flowers and the leaves.  I then added pearl paint drops to the center of some of the petals.  The soft patterned background worked lovely with the color choices today.  
I'm going to submit this card to the challenge at:
Optional theme " Motherly Love"
 I hope this card qualifies for motherly love.. because That is Grandma for sure.   A mom, A Grandma, A Great Grandma, and  A Great Great Grandma 💗
Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping


4 comments:

  1. Patty, hurrah for Grandmothers! Yours sounds like an incredible lady. I'm POSITIVE she will love your card!!! It is well designed with great colors, and certainly meets our TSOT sketch challenge. Thank you for sharing the card, and story about an incredible Grandmother! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card for your grandmother - she'll love it! You've done a wonderful job on the coloring and the paper choices - just right! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the flowers are a great focal point. thanks for joining us at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your beautiful card being chosen as one of Try Stampin' on Tuesday's top cards, Patty! We look forward to seeing what your creativity looks like in May!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~