Sunday, May 8, 2022

Sketch 471~Wildflower Path, Hope Box, Stampin Up

We had a lovely Saturday.  The weather 
cooperated and we went to get flowers 
for the yard.   It was so expensive, even
though it didn't make Robb happy to spend
that much money he allowed it because he
knows how much I love it.  Pretty sweet guy.  
The place was just packed, it was like the early
days of covid with the toilet paper shortage.  My gosh the people
were greedy and wanted their plants.  
Something has changed in society, I use to be a people
person, but people aren't so kind lately.  It's a rare 
courtesy.   Any ways we went and got it done, 
then I realized perhaps everyone was trying to 
get plants for their moms.
My mom didn't like flowers or plants, inside or out.
She use to say house plants have bugs and I don't want
them in my house.   Which is somewhat true.  But I 
still like my jungle inside.  haha.. Also mom had 
the funniest rock with an engraved message outside
where a flower garden could go, it said, "I tried but it died"
I don't know where I got my love for plants.
OOh and I have the most amazing story to tell you all.
But first let me mention that I will submit this card
to the challenge at:
The stamp set featured in this card is
Stampin Up:  Wildflower Path
Stampin Up:  Paper pumpkin, Hope box
I love this stamp set, it came as a kit in paper pumpkin
which I don't usually purchase but I love the sentiments
so much.  Any ways I made my card a smaller slimline 
so I could hopefully take a better picture.  Even though
I'm having technical difficulties with the iphone SE 2020.  
Apparently I take too many pictures.  sigh. 
The stamping on this card is pretty straight forward. 
I gave a little texture to the one piece of card stock 
behind the circle by using an embossing folder.
The sentiments were a bit bigger then I intended, 
but I suppose I didn't take into consideration I scaled 
down the whole card.  haha.
Here's a picture of the flowers we got for the yard 
this summer.

HP is doing pretty good.  We noticed summer might 
be a bit difficult for him because when dogs breathe
heavy their mouth is open which means his eye stays
sunken in and looks quite uncomfortable, so 
we kept him in the shade and he got quite dirty 
with the gravel driveway, but he loved it.  
This is the little darling resting his chops on
our daughter's leg.  
Now back to the story.  I know this is a super long post.
But I found a treasure in the yard yesterday.  I felt 
like a real  Indiana Jones.  haha.  
I'll try to make this quick.  We live in a very old home.
We have found many treasures over the years, nothing 
of real value just interesting stuff.  Old tavern signs,
necklaces, pictures, old pieces of beds and curtain rods,
lamps, x-rated movies, and of course the rifle in the wall.  
Honestly you never know what would show up here.  
Our home is over 100 years old, we have logs, not beams
in the basement,  an old tree which looks like a telephone
post is the center for support. So just to give you a clue
we live next to the rail road, and on the other side of the tracks
were brothel homes.  I think that is the correct wording.  
anyways.  I'm sure this house if it could talk has much to say.  
I've had 3 experiences in this house that I refer to as guardian
angels, I don't believe in ghosts, but there was for sure something 
here, that scared the life right out of me.  So no I've set the 
scene a little bit.  We had a huge tree removed in our driveway
years ago, and now we refer to that area as the pond, because 
we can never afford to fill it with gravel, so when it rains it's 
a mess.  but now it's dried up and yesterday as I was walking out
to the garage I noticed a shiny silver rock that I just had to have
I'm such a child, so I went to get my hoe to dig it out and when
I did I found that it wasn't a rock it had writing on it.  So I asked my daughter 
to read it to me, she said Chicago princess hat.   So I was looking 
at the little thing and noticed it must come apart, so I got my husband's 
pliers and opened it, and it was all black or so I thought.  
My husband walks by and asks what I found I told him, he says
without missing a beat.  Looks like lipstick.  I was like I bet you are right. 
So I cram it back together put on my gloves to plant flowers and kept 
thinking about it, then I noticed my vinyl gloves were all red,
I'm like drats I cut my fingers again, ( I don't usually feel my cuts,
because of my hands condition)  but I had not.  It was that lipstick.
So at that point I came in the house and started researching it.
FOLKS, it's from the early 1900's made in Chicago, Princess Pat. Red
So fabulous.  Of course I went out to the garage to collect my prize and 
put it with all the other little gems I've collected from the house.  
Guess what?  We couldn't find it.   All of us formed a search party
and nothing.  to which my daughter says maybe you planted it with the new flowers
and you'll find it all over again next year.  Can you believe that. 
Something that we didn't even know existed all these years living here.
I have it for a few short hours and now it's missing again.  Cracks me up.
Anyways dear friends, never a dull moment in our little 945 square foot home
it is always surprising us.  Hope you got a smile out of my silly little story. 
Have a blessed Sunday. 

Thank you for your continued prayers and
encouragement as I recover from covid.  
And also,  for my dog, HP.

I'd love to have you follow me on instagram at: 

 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ

4 comments:

  1. What a classy card. I love the bold colors. Thank you for joining us for this challenge at The Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Anna, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, I love the flowers tucked behind and the texture. The sentiment is fabulous, great card! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, especially the sentiments!
    Thanks for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
    Patty S, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the textured panels and the long single stem flower in the background. Thanks for playing along with us yet again at AHSC. Your talent is an inspiration!
    :) Marie
    AHSC DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~