Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Sketch 268, Sure Do Love You, Definitely Decorative Pines Stampin UP





 I'm happy to say  that so far today is going a wee bit better then yesterday.  Goodness gracious the anxiety was high for me yesterday, I couldn't hardly even make a card.  That's usually my coping method and great distraction.   I even reached out to a dear friend for prayers.  It can get a bit overwhelming.. she came through with prayers, and support, and even sent me the cutest funnies, to try and get my mind off of things.  I will share a couple at the bottom of my post here.  Also so thankful for a praying husband, and my little HP.. this dog just senses things.. and gosh if he don't come running to be by my side. LOVE him dearly.. I thought I'd include another picture of him today.   

  So onto today's card. I made this one for the challenge at: 

I love playing along.  They have some awesome sketches.   I pulled out one of my old favorites from stampin up.  A 1998 set called Definitely Decorative Pines.  I remember so well when I first laid eyes on it, I knew it was a must have.  I love moose, and gosh if this one isn't a darling.  Plus the pine cones are fabulous and that little twig of spruce is awesome.   I paired it with a sentiment also from stampin up but a much newer set called Sure do Love you.   I thought I'd share a few things I've done with the decorative pines set.  Now please keep in mind these were my early years of stamping so not so neat and tidy.. who am I kidding.. haha. .I'm still a sloppy stamper. 😉

This is above a door frame in our home.   I did this on two of them, but we ended up removing the one door to a closet a few years ago, but found the basement stairwell a lovely place to re-use it.. so tacked on some hooks and it now holds umbrellas and HP's towel for paw washing and his lead for walking.  


I also stamped this letter holder.  that usually holds nothing but keys and a remote because it fell off the wall and so now the little pockets don't work so well.. as mail slips through, but I thought it still has a purpose.    Any ways just a few quick pictures to show ya how I've used this stamp set over the years.  


Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit, and reading my ramblings.   
I'd love to have you sign up and follow my blog.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping

Funnies from a Friend💛Hope they make you laugh too.

   





3 comments:

  1. Well, you know how I feel about any pictures of a oose! Love it! You did such a great job on your decorative pieces! That takes a lot of time and effort - they look great. Glad you are feeling better. I always love the ictures yuou post of HP. Animals are so comforting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The deep green foliage and big checks set off the moose so well. A very nice look! Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member
    https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch, PJ, and awesome masculine card! I can sure see why these sets were some of your favorites, and I love how you have stamped some of your home decor as well. Hope you are having a better day today and that you continue to share with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~