Tuesday, June 26, 2018

#TGIFC165~Tasty Trucks Stampin Up

 I was inspired today by the challenge at: 
Aww.. Lemonade stands bring back some fun memories. We lived in a kid friendly neighborhood growing up, where the elementary school was around the block and of course a baseball diamond, so after the games we got quite the business my sister and I with all those thirsty athletes and families.  Well it's kind of sad because my kids never got to experience that because we live on a very busy street.. 4 lanes of traffic that fly by so fast.    Any ways such a nice reminder of simple days and summer weather.  

However I chose to use the colors from the sketch and go with the icecream truck.  We actually do have that in our neighborhood now, because we have an alley behind our home so that's where the sweet treat truck drives. 
I colored the truck in with matching colors and did a bit of paper piecing a few items on the truck to stick with the fun polka dot look.   I did a bit of folder embossing to give the top some dimension and stick with the dots.  I finished it off with another one of those fork bows, I've been making.  
The stamp set featured in today's card is:
Stampin Up~ Tasty Trucks
The sentiment on the inside is from the dollar section at a local store.

I thought I'd add a picture of this little squirrel resting on the gate out on the deck, he was watching me take pictures of this card today.  

Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping.
I invite you to look around at my other cards, projects and pictures.
I'd love to have you follow my blog. 



2 comments:

  1. This is such a cute card for summer! I love your take on this challenge! Thanks so much for joining in with us this week over at TGIF Challenges!💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ice cream truck! What a great take on this challenge! Kids today really miss out on ice memories like a lemonade stand. In some towns they need to get a permit!!! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~