Sunday, December 29, 2019

Sketch #348~Happy Birthday to You, Birthday Wit, Stampin Up

  Hello my friends.  It's been four days since my last post.  YIKES.   All I can say is that's probably a good thing.  My darling children were home for Christmas, and kept me busy, and we celebrated my daughter's birthday on Friday hence this lovely birthday card.  

I have to admit this is not the usual style I would make for her, but I wanted to try and match the sketch at: Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge
 

I made a square card, however, I flipped the corners where the pine cones are and chose to use a sentiment.  

The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  Happy Birthday To You
Stampin Up:  Birthday Wit


I added a lot of pearl paint to the cake to make it look like authentic frosting.  Then I added a line of beading along the cake plate base to fancy it up a little more.   Finished it off with some navy blue jewels for the center of the flowers.   I chose these colors for her because her wedding colors were navy, and I thought she would like it.   

However, on the inside that was the hit, my daughter is the queen of puns and quick wit,   So she loved that sentiment and she loves llama's so it all worked out.  I even stuck a wobbler on the llama so he wiggled.

I'm also including a picture of our kiddos.  At the ice rink down town on our Daughter's birthday. 
It was a lovely time.  I of course can't do anything but take pictures and laugh, but it was fun.  I'm so thankful to my kids for including me.  The night was magical. The sky was gorgeous and these young people are delightful.  

I hope you all had a blessed Christmas celebrating with family and friends.

Thank you for stopping by for a visit.

Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
PJ

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card, PJ! Thanks for joining us at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. Marsha DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~