Sunday, December 1, 2019

Sketch #344 Wonderful Year, Nothing Sweeter, Stampin Up, Merry Christmas


I didn't think I was going to have a chance to enter the challenge this week.  Well, with thanksgiving and then trying to decorate the house for Christmas that takes a lot out of me.  But Praise the Lord I did manage to find a spot of time to play with my stamps.  I even surprised myself with this card because the paper is not something I normally would purchase for Christmas.  I am one of those very nostalgic Christmas card people, Navy Blue, with white or Silver, Red Green, or vintage colors, but this was stepping out of the box for me. I have to say, it's not to shabby.   

The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stamping Up:  Wonderful Year
Stampin Up: Nothing Sweeter

I will submit this card to the challenge at:

I'm sharing a few pictures of our snowfall today.  We got about 4-5 inches.  The morning Dove does not look impressed with it, however he does look well fed, and thanks to my husband who keeps the feeders full. 

Speaking of my sweetheart, he also worked on putting our Christmas lights up out front. 🎄

I think he did a fabulous job.  
He always decorates a couple of the trees in the side yard for me to enjoy.   I LOVE that.   Otherwise I don't get to see the lights out front, so that's no fun.  Well, unless I'm driving by the house or something.  AS you can see our home is on a busy street and also quite a steep hill, so with me being unsteady I don't walk out there with out him.  So now I can sit in my home and see the lights in the yard.

I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving. 

I had a realization this weekend.  I've had an Etsy shop for a couple years now.  I am pleased with it, but it's not very profitable.   However, I still like the idea of trying to sell my cards.  But I also am a stampin up demonstrator and I'm really no good at sales.  I am more of a hobby stamper.   Just can't seem to get others as excited about stamping cards as I get.   So here's what I thought, I should not think about cards as a way to make money for myself my hobby, but rather as a ministry to others.  So that's it folks, I'm just going to keep making them, add a few to etsy, but not be overly concerned about it, and then perhaps lay low with my stampin up purchases to not break the bank so to say, but still have some supplies to make cards to send out to people and make them happy. Of course I always love entering challenges so that a fun thing to keep me motivated.   I just got a bit obsessed with trying to make money from selling them.  I think God wants me to give more instead.   Sorry for rambling I just wanted to share with you all. 

Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
PJ  


2 comments:

  1. love these two colors together and for this season is super COOL! Thank you for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you selected - great combination. I am also a hobby stamper and it brings me a lot of joy to simply give my cards and card sets to others. I hope you can enjoy the same - it’s a gift that people always love! Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~