Sunday, September 18, 2022

Sketch #490~What's Cookin' & Sweet Songbirds

 I made this card earlier this 
week for my daughter to give to the
 culinary students where she works. 
I totally forgot to submit it to the challenge.  
So I'm so grateful I still have time.  
I got a little busy making a card for my son's 
birthday which we are celebrating today.
He's off riding, and my daughter reminded me
while I was doing the dishes.  So I will
submit my card to the challenge at:
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  What's Cookin'
Sweet Songbirds
I had no intention of adding the ribbon and
bow.  However, I ripped the embossed paper
and I already had it glued down.  I surely
did not want to start over at that point,
so in comes the "clean up crew"  
ribbons, bows, embellishments.  etc.  
I thought it turned out ok.  Covered the rip
nicely.  and know one would know if I 
didn't blab it out.  
If you're interested I'll be sharing my son's 
fancy fold card this week, and a few pictures.
I'm happy to say we have a few more pumpkins in
our little messy garden.  The pumpkins went crazy. 
Also I love this picture of the bumble bee.  So pretty
on my pink flowers.  
OOH and most exciting we have a watermelon growing
too.  I will post pictures of that too.
Quick Health update:  I'm still not fully
recovered from Covid.  It's been 9 months out
now.  I imagine because of my underlining 
health conditions it might not ever get 
any better.  So It makes me sad, some 
days are better then others though. So I 
try to focus on that.  My eyes are still 
not very good, nor the smell and taste.  My blood 
pressure has still been a challenge for me
and the doctor.  But we are doing supplementing
for now and in Oct. or Nov.  I go back just for a
check to see what's happening.  Then she
might put me on some stronger pills. Hope 
It won't be necessary.  That the supplements will 
be helping me instead. 
HP (our dog)  is a mess of allergies, he has 
all four paws in bandages, and sleeps a lot.
His Rx is not helping him at all, so we
are actually going to start this week
using supplements and fish oil for him.
So once again thank you for your prayers 
dear friends. 


I'd love to have you follow me on instagram at: 

 Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ








 

3 comments:

  1. Your card made me hungry! As a teacher, I can attest that this card will be appreciated by your daughter's students. My sister is dealing with long covid, too and it is no joke. Take care of yourself as best as you can and you will continue to be in my thoughts. Thank you for joining us this week at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Anna, AHSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card - and I'm sure it will be much appreciated! Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable PJ! I love the cooking theme. thank you for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. good luck.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~